A cry for strength

Less than one minute read time.
Hey - SO, David went for his CT today to inform his tatoo markings for radiotherapy just approved by Army hierarchy here in Germany. SO, Dr told us from results no radiotherapy as he now has 10 mestastisis in his lungs (only 6 weeks post oesophagectomy). So, urgent medical repatriation to UK next step. SO, our lives turned upside down and inside out yet again. SO, know the statistics and fear the inevitable, SO have absolutely no positive thoughts today. SO, in need of a mum hug and comfort but far from friends and family, SO, need to talk but don't want to pick up the phone or answer it. SO, I turn to you...what do I do now??
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Julie

I have just been reading through some of the very supportive and kind comments people make. We are all here thinking about you and David. -  Waiting is the name of the game and it just should not be allowed.

I know that feeling about the phone - I have become a  phone phobic - or whatever you call it - I jump if the phone rings, hate answering it because you dont know who it might be. Unable to talk about my illness over the phone and sometimes do not want people to know - there fore this site allows me to do it, let off steam and hopefully show others that we are all  here to offer our support in our own way.

I liked Kitty's comment about living with cancer rather than dying of it - yes I think that is a positive way of looking at things -  find it hard to be positive all the time though - and you must feel rock bottom.

Take care and am thinking about you both.

with love Maralyn x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

… log on here and feel the huge support and amazing stories of the What Nowers.

I'm really sad to hear your news, but as many have said in the comments above, if you can dig deep and find extra resolve you will get through this and there are many things that will help. Take one day and one piece of news at a time - Just don't try and take it all on yourself - I know that it is hard as a carer because so often you feel like a helpless spectator and it is a rollercoaster at the best of times. Do keep blogging, as it is therapeutic to write and knowing that others have trod the path before you is always a comfort and their are always tale of hope and inspiration for the real black dog days.

Huge hugs (we're with you every step)

T x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julie,  I joined this site in July and the support you get is phenomenal so please keep blogging.   I am so sorry to hear your news.   I know what's it's like being a carer, sometimes you are forgotton about because everyone is, quite rightly so, thinking about the patient.   You will need lots of hugs to get you through this, but please try to be positive and you and your husband keep fighting, never give in to this dreaded illness, every day is precious.    Love and hugs to you both.  Annxxxxx