Stem Cell Transplant

Less than one minute read time.

Hi everyone, just thought I would let you know that a stem cell donor has been found for my husband and it appears to be a 100% match!  The next chapter of our journey begins on 20th October with the pre-transplant chemo in order to kill all his own stem cells.  The donor cells will be transplanted on Thursday 27th October a big day!!!!! wanted to share this news with you all.  Much love, Julia xxxx 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi jules. I don't know you but I am looking up info on stem cell transplants as there is a chance it may be part of my treatment. That's great news about your husbands match, hope all goes well for you both and the next few weeks go as easily as possible. Tina x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone, we are fast approaching admission date for my husbands stem cell transplant, 20th - 26th for pre-transplant chemo and the transplant on 27th.  I will try and blog if I can in between my visits to the hospital.  Any questions about it feel free to message me and I will try and answer, Moomy (aka Helen) has been my saving grace on this site as has Joanne22 and they have answered all my questions so now its my turn to offer advice and help if I can.  Love to each and everyone of you as you all go about your personal journeys I will be in touch. Julia xxxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julia, just caught up, not logged in for a while. Wishing you all the best for Geraint's stem cell transplant. I hope everything goes well. xxx