Mis-Diagnosis!

Less than one minute read time.

Ok, ive got to get this off my chest.  Everyday I go on this site and everyday I read of a person being diagnosed with a terminal form of cancer - in most of these cases its primarily terminal because the GP has failed to diagnose earlier.  Had some of these cases been caught earlier some of these lovely people would survive.  Only today a young mother in the Daily Mail was mis-diagnosed for months! with migraines only to be told many months later after collapsing she had a terminal brain tumour.  This has got to stop!  I feel so strongly about this, in this day and age it should not be happening.  Why dont Doctors test for worst case scenario first and if thats all ok then you can administer the paracetamol! Whew! rant over!!!!! 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jules, it wasn't my Gp who mis-diagnosed my bowel cancer it was the radiologist who read my barium enema scan. Then the colorectal surgeon took his word for it and never looked at it herself. This lead to a catologue of errors from other surgeons who relied on her initial diagnosis of IBS without performing any diagnostic tests not even a blood test.

Consequently 3 days after being sent home from the bowel clinic in horrendous pain my bowel burst due to an enormous tumour.

2 years later and 2 ops I still have an iliostomy which will be reversed sometime this year.

The care I received after the fact was excellent.

Diagnostically the NHS leaves alot of scope for error.

My poor GP was devastated as he did his job straight away in referring me.

Take Care Love Julie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Jules

I've come to the conclusions the NHS are amazing in emergencies,because since they realised their error in my mums diagnosis, they have been truely amazing, but just not good at the diagnostics and maybe your right it is funding.

X