Taste changes

Less than one minute read time.

Its true what is said on here your taste doe's change. I am a cold drinker and because of the threat of my throat going into spasm, for 5 days at least I can't drink cold drinks then when I can they taste yuck. Apart from orange juice nothing tastes right. Although Last night I went out for dinner with my partner and I had a sip of his ice cold Guiness and it tasted lovely so he got me half which I enjoyed very much. My onc nurse said that I could drink alcohol but I might find that if I am used to drinking 4 drinks I might find that 2 will make me tipsy and she was right. Half a pint made me feel light headed. Has anybody any ideas of what cold drinks I can have I don't mean alcohol just something to drink. I wish everyone a good evening and a great nights sleep. Love Julie XX

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fresh pineapple works for me too John...it wakes my tastebuds up....n is very refreshing ...

Love Sharon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

try lemonade and lime in a long glass with a touch of ice.and a little parosol across the rim with a slice of lime on it

it works good witth soda water too - lemon and soda ,

dip the rim of the glass in honey and then put it in a saucer with caster sugar or icing sugar just round the rim then put the drink in carefuly pouring into the centre cut a orange slice the size of the inside of the glass take the centre out of the slice and push a curly straw through it into the drink so the orange slice floats on top put a sprinkle of sugar onto the orange slice and put a few bits of cherry or pineapple onto that ,i or across the rim on a swizzle stick  looks good and will kill your thirst.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

keep off the grapefruit!!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Looks like this was my Uncle Peter's (Skippers) last post on here before he passed away. RIP