Taste changes

Less than one minute read time.

Its true what is said on here your taste doe's change. I am a cold drinker and because of the threat of my throat going into spasm, for 5 days at least I can't drink cold drinks then when I can they taste yuck. Apart from orange juice nothing tastes right. Although Last night I went out for dinner with my partner and I had a sip of his ice cold Guiness and it tasted lovely so he got me half which I enjoyed very much. My onc nurse said that I could drink alcohol but I might find that if I am used to drinking 4 drinks I might find that 2 will make me tipsy and she was right. Half a pint made me feel light headed. Has anybody any ideas of what cold drinks I can have I don't mean alcohol just something to drink. I wish everyone a good evening and a great nights sleep. Love Julie XX

Anonymous
  • Not sure which chemo you are on, I was on R-Chop and found pineapple juice, or ribena good and sometimes blood orange + grapefuit juice worked as well but because of some meds could not have grapefruit at certain times in the cycle.

hope it works for you.

john.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julie

Think I'm on the same chemo as you. Funny how you really crave an iced cold drink when you can't have one! I have been having melon, not chilled, but it is refreshing if you want to quench your mouth. I find my lips go a bit funny,like when you've had an anaesthetic at the dentist, if I drink anything too cold. Thank goodness it doesn't last the whole cycle. Apart from the melon I am drinking my cold drinks at room temperature, not my favourite way, but better than no cold drink at all.

Hope you find something that suits you.

Angela xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

For me its fizzy drinks most days I drink 2 litres of sparkling water and I also like diet coke!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanx for tips. Yes Angela my lips are the same. Jools sparkling water is what I love but can't stomach it at the mo. John I am on Oxplatin and 5FU. Oh well guess I will have to keep trying and will try some of your suggestions. Love Julie X

• fresh pineapple also works if you want to get your mouth working for a short while,