Its been awhile!

1 minute read time.

Hi to everyone who knows me on here and hello to those who don't.

Its been along while since I last blogged although I have stuck around to support my old friends and others who have come along needing to be supported at the beginning of their journey.

I just wanted to bring everyone upto date of where I am 9 months after treatment ended.

The last time I blogged it was to say that I was awaiting a reversal of my colostomy.

It has now been 8 months since I was referred to a surgeon and 5 months since I was put onto the waiting list for my operation and I have heard absolutely nothing.

I have called the surgeons secretary twice and my stoma nurse twice.

I had a colonoscopy on the 7th october and officially I am still waiting for an appointment for the results.

If I hadn't rang my stoma nurse imagine how I would be feeling now I would be absolutely doolally tap!!

My stoma nurse gave me the results and happily everything remains fine.

Now I don't know what the official waiting time is for elective surgery I am told that it differs from trust to trust.

My daughter is having her 1st baby in february at the age of 39 and she wants me at the birth. It is to be my 1st biological grandchild and I would love to be there but the way things are going and knowing my luck I am not going to make it. I live in the north west and my daughter lives in Penzance many many miles away.

Will I have had my op by then? Am I going to be fit enough? Who knows? 

I know I don't!

I would like to wish all my friends on here both old and new

A Very Happy Christmas and A Wonderful and Healthy New Year

Lots of Love Julie xxx 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I haven't been on for a while either.  So glad that you are at last getting the reversal.  Good luck with that.  

What lovely news about your new grandchild but how disappointing it will be for you if you don't make it down for the birth.  

Lovely to hear from you (and from everyone else!).  

Lots of love,

Grace xxx