Getting off lightly this time

Less than one minute read time.

Well it is day 2 of chemo 4. Despite the fact I have domestos running through my veins ( I have a pump attached for 5FU) I feel pretty good. My side affects are nowhere as bad as No3. So hopefully this will continue and be a good one.

I hope others can feel this well during chemo. Only another 8 to go.

Lots of love Julie xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh don’t say there’s twelve of these things number three is duffing me up somat awful!. Sickness and dog tired all the time, dizzy and pretty groggy all round really.

Ah well dig in Pete and batten down the hatches for a rough ride!

One and two were no trouble really so three has been a real eye opener for me. (Or should I say eye closer), and there is so much work around the place to do!

Ah well Dave will be here tomorrow so if I can get my Arse out of bed we may get something done

I’ve just bought a new machine for the workshop and it has to be assembled and bolted down before I can use it so that’s a two man job so I need Dave with it.

I make wooden Christmas tree toys to hang on the branches.  £2.00 a mixed dozen. They are all made from scrap wood around the place and a few places in Scarborough that let me put a box in their shop for scrap bits of ply and hardwood pieces.

I sold one hundred packs last year for local charities and I make coble planters from ply strips to bolt on your wall they hold a full  grow bag of soil so a few good plants and bedding go in them.

Haven’t done any this year since I got poorly. Shame but I really couldn’t manage any.

First time I haven’t put a few bob in the charity kitties.

I don’t like to think of the things I haven’t achieved this year but I just haven’t felt capable of doing them this late year, and I do have a bit of a conscience over it..Theres so much to do around the place anyway.

And the chapel has been a real neglect I just cannot get there and if I did I would have to be going to the loo every half hour while he is trying to preach and stuff he says he doesn’t care but it is disturbing around the congregation and a bit embarrassing

In May I promised to mend an old ladies fence which had a damaged panel ,my intention to bring that panel home ,rebuild it and put it back in the line, but to "HELP ME" she got her son to pull up ALL the fence panels and post to clear the way for me  to repair the fence 14 panels!!!!!.. I didn't cry but nearly!

It just took longer and used up all my spare wood. And of course I told her it wouldn’t cost her anything but a donation into a charity box of her choice so I couldn't do any thing about it afterwards.

I did enroll her son to concrete the replacement posts while I supervised cos I cannot do the humping stuff any more and he paid for the sand and cement stuff. AS he said "poor old love ". And she is too. during the summer I called on her and she was in her cliff face garden pulling up snowdrops, she had a wheelie bin half full of them she had seen a thing on Crime watch where the police had stopped a van on the a64 and found it full of snowdrops so they had arrested the driver and his two mate for having snowdrops so she thought she had better get rid of them "as they were illegal plants like cannabis and stuff -peter"

93 yrs old sweating like a pig, panicking like mad surrounded by dead and dying snowdrops. How she never had a heart attack ill never know.

She is dead now but one of gods angels whilst alive.

I have a local fencing firm that save me any half decent posts they take out from a fencing repair jobs and I store them on top of the car port which I built as a wood store so the uprights are six by sixes , unbreakable that place. I had four peasholm wooden boats up there three years ago. Which the council was selling as scrap in order to put plastic swans on the lake with pedal power, my they can throw cash away like it’s plentiful.