Friends Reunited ............. ? !

2 minute read time.

Friends Reunited ............... ? I don't know if it's just me but since this new site launch nothing has been the same, I have experienced difficulties with making replies to blogs and so forth - however, that problem has come to light and is hopefully being addressed ( Internet Explorer 9 ) So whilst I can gain access using my hubby's laptop - different browser - I shall try and make the most of it. 

As so many of you have already pointed out, the lack of a more visual friend's activities list isn't too good - I know that we can trawl through and find out, but that is rather time consuming and I tend to give up after a short while. This lack of info makes you feel out on a limb or suspended somewhere in cyberspace ........... like, hello is anyone there ? But again, hopefully this will be remedied soon. 

My other moan is the reply posts whereby you can't see exactly what you are replying to ........ with the old system the previous post was clearly visible and there was no need to commit it to memory or jot down notes before typing. Now I think that some of you have been using such things like cut / paste or something or other ......... afraid that I am totally useless at that sort of stuff and wouldn't know where to start ( apart from taking computer lessons ! ) The old system was so much easier. 

I also miss the old What's New page as that contained a lot of current info that actually stayed there for a while - eg. discussions / forums; blogs; status updates and recent group activities, etc. The new one covers these but pass down the list so quickly that such a lot can be missed ............ maybe it's just me but it does feel more impersonal now. 

Even our profile page is very short and sweet - to the point of terse - there isn't as much info there for others to see as in the old site ( no wall to leave a quick comment on ) and where have the personal photos gone to ? I was hoping to get something uploaded onto mine - with help, that is ! - but it looks like that facility has disappeared. 

Looks like we'll just have to get used to this, so gripes over for now so take care, my friends ! 

Joycee xx 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Little My. I spotted your reply in the Help group and wanted to comment somewhere so I thought that this just may be the right place as it would come up the list again ............ or not ? Whatever, if you go and look at the other discussion on Help you'll see that James has mentioned that some of our problems may get sorted by the IT guys .......... as they say here, inshallah. Hope that all went well for you at the hospital and you had a great meet with Cariad ! 

Joycee xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joycee,

There is a problem that affects Internet Explorer 9 making it difficult to post in discussions or blog posts. If you are one of these users, please read this.

The activity feed is being worked on. It will show you all the activity of your friends and your groups.

The lack of reference to what you are replying to is frustrating. This is being worked on as we speak.

The whats new place info should be catered for by the activity feed.

You can upload your own personal profile pictures. The profile comments are no longer there as it encourages people to reply to blog posts like this. By doing this it gives new people some context as to what people are talking about e.g. your frustrations with the site!

We are listening to your concerns and are working on fixes as us Admins are on the site a fair bit too! We will do an update blog post this week to let everyone know where we are at.

Take care,

James

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello James. I think we are all looking forwards to the further improvements on the site ....... the question about personal photos was the ' file ' where it was like an album ? Keeping fingers crossed, thanks for taking the time to comment.

Joycee xx