Day One

Less than one minute read time.

Well my strange mood has gone – I’ve got over myself after a little chat with Rooby Booby (thanks Roobs ).

I am BRCA1+ and found this out a few weeks ago. Since then, I have had a breast MRI which is clear (phew) and today I spent first hour of my day in the company of my new consultant (still have the old one too – am a bit greedy like that) and now have a breast care nurse too. How lucky am I to have all these lovely people looking after me, and that’s why I’ve got over myself because others aren’t so fortunate, are they?

So watch and wait for 12 months or so and then maybe some new pert boobies if the decision is mastectomy – preventative surgery, don’t you know! I am going to look like a hot cross bun once they’ve finished with me.

But this is better than the alternative..... Lots more talking and thinking to do....

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Stupid genes. I hope your consultants and nurses will take good care of you and your bosoms. If not, they know who they'll have to deal with. All of us!

Mmmmm. Hot cross buns ... I missed out on them this year, I wasn't eating much around Easter. Oh, well. Next year!

xxxxx

• Hi Julia good to hear your strange mood has gone.Sounds like you have a very good team looking after you I feel having such a team gives you confidence in your treatment and care and also helps to eliviate any fears.I will never look at a hot cross bun in the same light again.The best of luck with the watch and wait huge hugs Cruton xxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julia, Glad to hear you have a good team looking after you, and two consultants! Wow! You must be important! And of course we're all looking out for you. Good luck. Odin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julia,

I'm really pleased (for you) that your mood has improved and you've thought things through and have got your head around these difficult times.

For me living with my baggy is as you say, better than the alternative.

I should say I can't live without hot cross buns I love them, but wWhatever happens we will all be here for you.

(What a nice lass Rooby Booby is eh, but be careful, she has a tendency to burn hot cross buns!)

Tight lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Julia,

I'm chuckling myh head off at Tim's reply about Roobs burning hotcross buns, you are sooooo naughty Tim, I remember that incident tee heeeee, but oh Roobs it was funny!!!1

It takes some getting used to and condensing all the info sometimes, but glad you've got there and am feeling on the up.

Whatever happens that shi**y cancer isn't gonna beat us eh?????? And my baggy is my friend, as is my dear consultant who's skilled hands made it (well he made the stoma not the actual bag of course), and I sometimes wonder why I call baggy a him??!

Sorry for the woffle there, I seem to have wandered tee hee

Huge hug and take care

Jan xx