Belfast Bash

2 minute read time.

Hi Everyone

It has been some time since I wrote on this page, but I just had to write and thank all our wonderful Mac friends for making the Belfast Bash so memorable for me and Liz G.  It was an absoloute pleasure to welcome you all to Northern Ireland and we fel honoured that yoiu made toe effort to come.  When we jokingly suggested last year that we would host the next get together, never in  our eildest dreams did we every think it would actually come together, for a start there was the distance, and obviously the expense , there were a few hurdles which would have stood in the way of lots of people coming.

For those of you who couldn't make it  we  raised a glass to you , we knew everyone had their own personal reasons for not being able to make it and we respected that.

The day was full of fun and laughter and it was great to see everyone make new friends, some that we have chatted to for threee years, others brand new friends, personally I was on a high all day and felt like a  silly teenager, but do you know what no one cared!!! I was able to relax and be myself and truly believed I was among friends.  We have share so much over the past few years laughter and tears.

This site and the people on it have supported me and my sister Liz  and for that I am very grateful to you all.

There was enough food to feed an army and most of our guests left with a nice dooggy bag,  we thoroughly enjoyed all the preparations  as we knew how much it meant to everyone to get together, and this seems now to be an annual event with some poor sucker being coaxed into the next party. 

We took a little time out for a minute to remember why we all had got together and to toast absent friends, and of course this was an emotional moment, as we have lost friends on this site that we will never forget.

Just want to say a big thank you to everyone who made it  happen, and for those of you who coundn.t make the journey across the water Julie Clarke and Shelly Greenwood have been brave enough to take on the challenge next year, well done Ladies, I can/t wait for 19 May 2012.

Jo Mac

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jo mac,

Myself and my mucker Alison both from the Maiden City.

We had been trying for about a month to find out about the Bash,unfortunately we missed out this time but we will be ready the next time. Glad you all had a smashing time.

until the next time. Look after yourselves.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aw Sarsfield I wish we had known we would have contacted yoiu, so sorry you both missed it, it was a brilliant day, we will see you at the lakes in May then x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hellow to you all how is everone i am new to the site i find the site reilt good to talk to people that have gone through this i had lung cancer 2 years ago but not to bad still under the hospital and hope to meet new people on here that understand my family and frends are very good but dont like me talking about it so nice to come on here and would be lovely to join in and come to the lakes in may if you can let me know thanking you and sending all my lv to you all lilxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

liljackie60

Of course you can come to the lakes we have a get togetether to meet friends old and new that is the whole reason for us to get together it is on 19 May 2012 and the hosts are julie clarke (jusjus54) and shelly greenwood (shezbert) if yoiu get in touch with them they can let you know the details.  and I am glad yoiu are enjoying the site.

Jo Mac

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jo

We were sorry to be able to come to the bash but its in the diary for next years bash.

we enjoyed meeting lots of new people last yr.

Nanaboo