what's it all about

Less than one minute read time.

my wife has just been diagnosed...starts chemotherapy on monday 23rd. it's a horrible new experience for us both.   are we being wrong in being apprehensive.  we hear so many different stories about friend's friend's friends and their experiences. but have never really come in contact with any one who has undergone chemo.  you can read up on the subject but it's not the same as hearing from someone who has gone through the procedure.    any comments would be welcome [ as long as they are not all doom and gloom ]

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mr. & Mrs. Jim,

Just wanted to point out that Monday is the 19th. - the 23rd. is next Friday. Wouldn't want your wife to miss her first appointment!

Best of luck with Mrs. Jim's treatment,

Annie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jim and wife,

I had ovarian cancer and had carboplatin.  The worse bit was the waiting and the first unknown!  It turned out that waiting was the worst bit and boredom!  

One is given an anti sickness tablet.  They warm the hand - makes it easier for the cannula to be inserted.  If your wife has ever had a drip before this is basically all it is.  A flush liquid is put in to clear the lines then  the chemo - then a final flush.  The chemo is cold (you ask for a heat pad)  but it is not painful.

Your wife will be making frequent visits to the loo (liquid in - liquid out!) - so she should wear something easy (remember needle in hand!)

Take ipods for boredom.  Also you may care to go and get a coffee - if you have a Macmillan centre suggest you go there.

Good luck xxx

Note I said I had ovarian - I am now in remission nearly a year!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

sorry anniex67. put down wrong date. should be monday 26th. well spotted.  many thanks to those who have replied. your comments have been noted and are greatly appreciated.......it's good to talk !!!