The Start

1 minute read time.

I was diagnosed with cancer on the 30th June 2014.

Although they were not 100% sure where I had cancer they were pretty sure it was my tonsils or tongue.

On the 9th July I was admitted to the Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham for surgery to remove the large lump from my neck (lumpectomy) along with my tonsils and a biopsy from my tongue.

I have completely recovered from the tonsillectomy, but having a 18 inch scar from behind my ear to the underside of my chin and down my neck toward my shoulder, means that I am still recovering from the lumpectomy.

I still have difficulty eating although it is getting better daily.

I still have a lot of pain and numbness to my face head and ear, which I am told could be permanent.

As I write this (5th Aug 2014) i am sitting at home waiting to go into City hospital on the 7th to have a "feeding tube" inserted in my stomach.

The purpose of the feeding tube is that the doctor reckons once I start my Chemo and Radiotherapy on the 11th I will soon not be able to bite, chew or swallow and will even have difficulty drinking.

So this is going to be my daily blog from now until whenever.....

I don't expect many to read it, and I expect even less to comment, however it makes me feel better writing it all down. I wish I had started it weeks ago 

So here goes..... see you tomorrow 

Anonymous