so bloody quick

Less than one minute read time.

my wife was diagnosed on 28th january with pancreatic cancer.she only had a sore back.

after a visit to her doctor she was given the news and was sent for a biopsy of the liver 3 days later.

7 days after biopsy we met the doctor an recieved the grim news.

STAGE 4B

she was told only 5/6 months.

3 weeks later we met oncologist

were told that chemo would only extend life by 4 weeks and that was that.

kay has decided very bravely to recieve no treatment

only pain killers keep this under control.

jaundice has been very bad over the last 3/4 days

her eyes look very bad.

all her weight has fell off and she spends most time now sleeping.

its only been 12 weeks since diagnosis

why the hell is it going so fast

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Sorry to hear about your  wife. My mum had secondary cancer spread to the liver and only lasted 3 weeks follwing diagnosis. I think once the cancer in the liver and they can not treat the changes do occur rapidly.  

You just do not get the time to come to terms with the diagnosis. My mum did not look like the same person at the end. Her weight loss was crazy she had nothing on her body but her stomach and legs were huge.

I am sorry,  but i can understand where you are coming from.

take care Traceyxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You can always come into chat for support xxx  Even during the night you are likely to find someone there,  If the room is empty leave your name there and turn your sound up and you will hear if someone has entered xx  Don't be alone x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sending you hugs.

Annie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm so sorry about your wife, if I had any magic words that could make it better I'd share them but I don't. It's a bloody cruel and vicious disease, whether you get a fast or a slow version and it's utterly heartbreaking for all concerned. 6 weeks ago we thought my dad required a hip replacement. Now he's in Christies, 2 stone lighter, only just able to walk from one room to another using a stick, with tumours in both lungs and secondaries in the bones. It can progress crazily fast. If you ever need to chat or rant this is a great place to do it, if you're going to find anyone who understands your pain and frustration it'll be here, xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is a terrible situation to be in, when the disease seems to be moving so fast. Your wife sounds very brave and I hope she is not in any pain. I know you feel helpless and angry but your support and love will mean everything to your wife and we will do our best to support you.

Love and hugs,

lizzie xx