so bloody quick

Less than one minute read time.

my wife was diagnosed on 28th january with pancreatic cancer.she only had a sore back.

after a visit to her doctor she was given the news and was sent for a biopsy of the liver 3 days later.

7 days after biopsy we met the doctor an recieved the grim news.

STAGE 4B

she was told only 5/6 months.

3 weeks later we met oncologist

were told that chemo would only extend life by 4 weeks and that was that.

kay has decided very bravely to recieve no treatment

only pain killers keep this under control.

jaundice has been very bad over the last 3/4 days

her eyes look very bad.

all her weight has fell off and she spends most time now sleeping.

its only been 12 weeks since diagnosis

why the hell is it going so fast

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Roadless what can I say. I had to write just to say sorry.That is so quick for anyone to bear.Lots of Love to you both God bless  Kessie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jimmy, I'm so so sorry to read about your wife.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything I can say to bring you any comfort, but please know that we are all here on this site to offer support and friendship. Don't hesitate to come on and get some much needed support and understanding.

Sending strength to you and your wife during your journey with this dreadful disease.

Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Roadless, my dear mum lost her life with pancreatic cancer, and was told by Prof. Williams at hammersmith hospitol that this cancer was hard to diagnose until to late, she just had intermitant bouts of indijestion, then the yellow jaundice, but even then was treated for gall stones to start with. Hope you are going to get some good days take care..

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jimmy,

I am so sorry, I can't even begin to imagine your emotions. I want to take your pain away but I don't know how.

I have relied on our McMillan nurses who are wonderful. Please talk to them... they have the experience and the tools to help you.

If you want to chat I am only too happy...I will do whatever I can.

Pam xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't think there is any speed this can happen that makes it alright.  It's always going to be a total nightmare for all involved.  I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Carol