scared and frightenened all in one

2 minute read time.

tomorrow i go for the results of my biopsy and find out if they have found the primary and to be told when my chemo is starting my insides are all over the place as are my thoughts cant seem to concentrate on anything there is just no reasoning with me and im better on my own right now........why is it when im being given comfort i want to retort with something that i hate hearing myself saying and its out my mouth before i know it .........maybe because im terrified if im given love and affection i will dissolve into tears and forget to stop so if i keep everyone at arms length i wont show how fragile im feeling right now !!!

the side effects of the chemo are running through my brain at 100mph and the thought of losing my hair is horrendous im a hairdresser and my hair has to be right or id never go to the door let alone go out i know its only hair but its my hair !!!

i dont want to feel sick and i dont want to feel ill because im not ill at all now but this damn chemo although its to beat this damn thing is going to make me feel awful and i havent been ill apart from the cold or flu my whole life ive always just got up and got on..... have needed to go to work and take care of my children and take all the crap so they wouldnt have to go through any of it and shielded them from everything i possibly could so now because of this awful disease im vulnerable and i hate it the treatment is decided for me i really havent got a say in it because i am going to beat this bloody thing and options are thin on the ground right now !!!!

im angry so angry  i want to run away and scream at the top of my voice but i cant  and for the first time in my life since i was 16 and left home im scared........  im scared that im scared if you understand what i mean but my kids are due back from work and playing football soon so my scared face /tearstained face will need to go back in the cupboard for now and the" hi kids im fine mum face" will come out as always and i will be fine but inside im crying for them and for me

im sorry for writing this right now but i havent told anyone how im truly feeling there isnt anyone to tell really because i dont want to upset them..... to everyone on here thanks for all your kind  and encouraging words and love i so need them .........i will be fine ........as one person said im not dying of cancer im living with it for now but it will be gone im going to make sure of that !!!!

thank you everyone im sorry for having a really bad day !!!!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done you, thats the spirit, fighting talk! I can see why you cant take your eye off the ball. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope you get a positive treatment plan and feel more in control. Im sure once the battle commences and you are living for your kids you aint gonna worry about your hair. You are a strong cookie and can do this but i do hope you confide in someone as you need support, there is no need to do this on your own, love leisha xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jennifer,

What are you feeling sorry for. You have every right to be sorry and to have  those faces in the cupboard.

But never underestimate your kids if you are having a bad day. They will know somethings not right Why shouldnt they know you are all Family you show them how you feel, they would want to know that, so they would understand what you are going through, and be able to help. They Love you as much as you love them.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks leisha for the support yes youre right i do need some one i can talk to its difficult i know i can do this its just doing it that is so scary and the future is too far away now tomorrow is as much as i can handle for now one day at a time eh ??? hop you dont mind if i request you as a friend i need everyone of you right now

loads of love and hugs jenxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks so much sarsfield i suppose its just i have always shielded them and now im still doing it im too self sufficient and im finding thinking about how having to rely on peoples help is very daunting.....i so appreciate you being there on the other end of this computer you will never know how much

loads of love jen xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jennifer, I hope all goes well with your results and treatment. You can do this hun, you can beat this. I too was so worried about loosing my hair, but through www.mynewhair.org I found a hairdresser nearby who helped me choose fantastic wigs. I had two, one everyday one adn a party wig. The Party wig had Highlights and lovely colours in it. A lady stopped me once in Gap adn asked where I got my colour done. She was mortified when I told her it was a wig. Honestly everyone wanted one as they looked so good.Some lovely staff will help you too. I am here for you as well of lots of other lovely people. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Let us know how you get on.

Lots of love Jazz xxx