iooo and 1 ??????s

Less than one minute read time.

hi everyone

i would just like to ask if anyone out there has been on the same chemo as i am about to start on next week as im wondering about side effects know not everyone experiences the same side effects but would be grateful if they could share any tips before during and after the treatment all tips gratefully accepted im starting on EOX pirubicin xaliplatin apecitabine .would be great if i could even pronounce the bleeding stuff!!!

just thought id try and prepare for the unknown a little bit if that was at all podssible thanks everyone

loads of love jen xxx 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen,

Sorry I havent heard of that type of chemo. But you

have the strength and the will to deal with whatever they throw at you. So all the best and look after yourself. Good Luck.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen, sorry I only have experience with FEC and TAXOTERE, lost my hair with both, had sickness with fec not tax...... Lost nails with tax, not fec..... They were both quite different, but with both, I had on tuesday and didn't start feeling unwell till the Friday with the fec I had about a week out of every three feeling unwell, which wasn't bad, with the tax, I had cold/ flu type symptoms for most of the time, the anti sickness meds are quite good these days, and most people lose their taste buds or food tastes yuck and smells the same in the first week or so,it's a good idea to keep ice lollies (not ice cream) as your tounge can feel hot, strong flavours are good ie: Ginger biscuits, I've been told pineapple too but I don't like it so I haven't tried, hope this helps, as I said different chemos, but some symptoms are the same for all, but it's often not quite as bad as your expecting it to be, good luck

LIZ xxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks everyone for such nice and helpful comments well just been told to paint my nails black because it seemingly stops them falling out will paint them bloody tartan people if it helps thanks kaz for that one so happy youre all there

love and hugs jen xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have mine done every fortnight with a biogel. I go to the hairdressers. Not only did my nails not fall out but it strengthed them and now they are beautiful.

It is not cheap but it was worth it!

All the Best Jen xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I done my toe nails dark, and they didn't see the light of day and I lost 3 of them, I put u.v protector on my finger nails and didn't lose any, you can get it in sally's, keep them short cos although they might look like they are abot to come off they can recover, I thought I was going to lose 6 finger nails, they went black and started to lift, but I just kept cutting them as short as possible and saved them..... Good luck

LIZ xxxxxx