help!!!????

Less than one minute read time.

hi everyone

ive finished my chemo about 4 weeks ago now but since a week past wednesday woke up and the tips of my fingers have been really tingling numbness and really sore i was on oxyplatin but after my scan following the last chemo they found small lesions on my liver  had gone and larger ones had got decidedly smaller i am so pleased but now this thing in my fingers is so uncomfortable i just wondered if anyone can tell me whats going on is this normal or not???

im going to see my onc next monday but its really getting on my nerves now

take care everyone love and hugs jen xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi jen,

Well done for getting through it, hope all goes well next week.  As to the hands and feet it's called neurotherapy, and your doctor can give you something for it (not the onc, he only does the cancer - any side effects are dealt with by the gp - they told me that after 4 years of the onc taking no notice!)  Damage to the nerve endings caused by the chemo.

Hope thats all you have.

Love n hugs

Viv

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen haven't been on for awhile after I blogged and only got a couple of answers.

I still get tingling 2 years down the line, but only if my extremeties get cold. Mainly in my feet.

It is something that will always happen but not as bad as you are getting at the moment. It will ease and eventually you will only get it occasionally but it won't go completely. It is the Oxaliplatin that has caused it. I was on that too.

I am glad that things have improved for you Fingers crossed for a completely cancer free diagnosis.

I am now whole again I had my op on the 8th July exactly 2 years and 2 days after diagnosis.

All the best love Julie xx