help!!!????

Less than one minute read time.

hi everyone

ive finished my chemo about 4 weeks ago now but since a week past wednesday woke up and the tips of my fingers have been really tingling numbness and really sore i was on oxyplatin but after my scan following the last chemo they found small lesions on my liver  had gone and larger ones had got decidedly smaller i am so pleased but now this thing in my fingers is so uncomfortable i just wondered if anyone can tell me whats going on is this normal or not???

im going to see my onc next monday but its really getting on my nerves now

take care everyone love and hugs jen xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jennifer. I was on a different type of Chemo myself but I too had numb,tingling finger tips,toes and the backs of my legs. Even now it occurs and I am 3.5 yrs post-treatment!

Try not too worry but do mention this to your Oncologist next Monday.

Big hugs.  Alison. x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen,

Just like my old mucker. Iam the same sore fingers toes

legs. Nothing I can do about it. Ho Hum.!!!!

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi you two!!!!

oh no!!! take it its something i have to get used to funny how its just started though oh well just have to get on with it but its so annoying and uncomfortable feel like my fingers are going to fall off its just the tips of them and my feet as well are doing it but only numbness so far happy days eh guys hope youre both well love and hugs jen xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello jen, lovely to learn you have come out the other end of the machine.  I still get tingling/numb finger tips at night and I didn't even have chemo!  I had the radiation and herceptin so perhaps that's the cause.  In any event, I just accept it now and get on with it but if you are feeling dubious you can always give Paget Ward a ring at Barts and speak to the head nurse or onco. on call - you have nothing to lose and hopefully will get reassurance your body is merely responding to being beaten up by all the treatment you've had.  Unfortunately, as we get older recovery does take longer and we pick up a few anomalies along the way too.  I am so pleased for you girl and wish you all the very best.  Love Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm with you jen! I thought that with a holiday from chemo until Sept the tingling would go but it is just the same. Oh well, one of those things, I suppose. Best of luck.

Mike