D DAY!!!!

Less than one minute read time.

well today is the day for my first chemo im apprehensive to say the least and found it really difficult to sleep last night still saw 3 am and i had to be up at 7 to get my son up for school funny how things just go on as normal but i feel like screaming and running away but i wont!!!

im not ill thats the thing but i know that the side effects will hit me like it does everyone else i dont want to be sick lose my hair or anything else who the hell does but ive just got to keep thinking this is going to blast this bloody thing out of me so bring it on i will not put up with this thing scrounging a place to rest its weary head in my body how bloody dare it now go take a bloody hike mate !!!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

take it at your pace if you are not sure of anything then ask em to explain it again its your body they are invading so you should be ok with it keep us all posted on your path throo the treatment too

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

good luck

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck today, the chemo nurses are great and they will put you at ease and they're always there for you, just a phone call away. The side effects may not be as bad as you imagine, everyone's different but I sailed through and I hope you do too!

I found it very much like being preggers, a bit of nausea and tiredness, a craving for cheese and went off tea!!! let us know how you get on xxChris

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good Luck for today

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck for today. The chemo nurses are great they will tell you everything you need to know and they will be there for you on the end of the phone if you have any problems. It probably won't be as bad as you imagine, I found it was like being preggers, a bit of nausea, tiredness towards the end and a craving for cheese!!!! Good luck x Chris