2weeks in!!!

1 minute read time.

hi everyone !!!!

well its 2 weeks into my first chemo my arm still hurts a bit and i think i might have a word with my onc see if i can get a port put in........... that was horrendous they did say the oxplatain would do that but it was so painful that i ended up in tears.....then the lobster sweats  and the tiredness....now im the opposite i cant sleep !!

dr gave me some tabs but im not sleeping with them either and ive got this aggitation i cant get rid of think it might be the citabatine im taking every day and night and as for eating well cant stop but then i end up with man size heartburn which makes me sick just cant win here at all and yes before i know it i will be back again for my drugs cocktail pumping into me on the 2nd feb.

no hair falling out yet so i will be looking like an egg with legs but hey its a small price to pay if it works and its so going to.......... im not putting up with this lodger ...hanger on...freerider ....squatter of a thing in my body one minute longer!!!..... you are being zapped as i speak so bye bye take a hike there is no place for you in my life or my familys life you have been given a one way ticket to oblivion mate so make sure you catch yer lift!!!!! love to everyone take care jen xxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello jen, you go girl.  No battle worth winning was ever easy and your body is fighting very hard.  Easier said than done but just go with the flow each day and, before you know it, you'll be out the other end of this battle - hopefully triumphant.  Unfortunately, as our bodies are battered during this war things do upset us - those sweats still come and go now and I am not on anything since finishing Herceptin in 2009.  Its a small price to pay for being here though as lifes sweet, you know.  Be kind to yourself and don't try and do what you did before - none of it matters, only YOU.  Do whatever makes you feel nice, no matter how big or small as you so deserve it right now.  I had a port put in, it was the best thing as being poked with a needle like a piece of meat when trying to find blood was just too much.  I hope your onco. will arrange this for you - just make sure you really let him/her know the truth inasmuch as you feel horrendous, don't try and be a good soldier.  Anyway, one down, how many more to go?  Good luck for the 2nd feb and keep in touch.  You go girl!  Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi jen, i too had EOX and it does make your arm hurt. try a heat pad wrapped in a pillow slip, put it under your arm and wrap slip over your arm. i found this helped a lot. are you taking steroids cos i did. dont take them later than 4pm, its probably those thats making you restless at night.  hope this info helps.

hugs and kisses     sue    xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen

Love the fighting talk you tell it to get on it's bike! I agree with Sue it could be the steroids that are upsetting you. The same happened to my mum during her chemo not being able to sleep and I know from experience with my husband they can make him eat for England! Have a word with your oncologist they adjusted mum's dose and that seemed to work her, she was feeling aggitated as well and almost aggressive. The reduced dose worked for her though, hopefully it will for you too.

Di x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen,

Thats the spirit girl, the Cancer has no chance when you have that attitude and Strength, Hope you get your sleeping pattern sorted.All the best and good luck.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jen you are doing well keep it up and get rid of the nasty.

I think I have told you before that I was on Oxaliplatin and you don't lose your hair with it. Mine just thinned a little but as it is thick I could afford it! It is possible but not likely.

Have they told you that you will lose your hair?

Take care Love Julie xx