The slightly difficult third post........

1 minute read time.

What with it being Saturday and all I basically had a cancer free day - now strictly speaking that of course is a big fat lie, 'cos obviously melanoma isn't employed by my body on a 9 to 5 five day week.  What I of course meant is I had a medical personnel free day - no visits, no letters, no phone calls, no poking, no prodding, no questions, no lectures and best of all no needles....ahhh no needles.

I've had needles stuck just about everywhere in the past few weeks.  Now I'm the world's biggest coward when it comes to needles and that's when they are inserted in the conventional upper arm area.  Imagine then my terror(s) at being stuck in such sacred places as my thigh, my armpit and the holy grail of my neck.  Add in my shoulder, my hands, my arse and a myriad of bloodtests (all from my right arm as the left is now out of bounds due to the lack lymph nodes) then you can appreciate the full extent of my issues.  I am of course a big girls blouse but feel I deserve some sort of recognition for my undoubted bravery, after all I haven't cried once (although the core biopsy was touch and go!!).

Why do they take so much blood?  Moving on........

Most of the day was taken up with the football match against the team my brother manages.  Heartless soul that he is, he made no allowance for me being ill and duly beat me 2 - 0.  Not that surprising really as they are a league higher than us and the game itself was played in good spirits, so pretty good all in all apart from one thing - the sun came out.

Abject terror all round - no sun cream, no hat, in fact totally unprepared as the weather wasn;t that great when we started out.  The sun you see and melanoma just don't mix so guess what I did?  That's right.......... nothing.  I just carried on as normal.  How bad am I?  Whatever happens don't tell the fearsome Sister Jo though, as I'm sure she'd wreak some terrible revenge on me.

Probably involving a needle!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for the rewards and thanks also for the telling offs - lesson learnt, won't happen again.......probably.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well done on the needles, gold star but a big black mark for the sun cream, if Sister Jo finds out you'll be spending the rest of the season on the naughty step thinking about what you've just done....

All the best, Vikki