The Pidgeon Has Landed

1 minute read time.

The message arrived as they always do, delivered by an unseen person through the normal channels.

Successfully I fought off the rush of Teila the Terrier and secured the documents.  Ensuring nobody else was about I proceeded to extract the contents from the plain white envelope and to commit the instructions to memory.

Date: 070911

Time: TBA

Where: SAL, Level 4

If instructions are not followed your operation may be cancelled. 

This would be unacceptable, months of planning & preparation and previous aborted missions have culminated in operation Neck Dissection and nothing is going to get in the way of this critical op.  INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE FOLLOWED.

In line with standard operational procedure I will call the secret number given to me, at the time specified, to confirm these details and in exchange I will be given the hour for the meet.  Myself and the Doctor (that's what we call him) have done this before but never in September and never this Doctor - I know he will be calling the shots but I've worked with his sort before and they've always come through for me, so I trust him.

Where is it.........where the hell is it?

Ah it's been located................ the standard green bag in which to conceal the drugs.  Critical to the op, things were in the balance there for a few seconds. 

Remember to secure it with the uniform;

Dressing gown, black.... check. 

Sandal type slippers, black.....check. 

Underwear, black........check. 

Sorted.

Not much I agree but we're used to surviving with just the basics, it's what we're trained for.  We can go without food and drink for hours and then survive on meagre rations for days.  It's what we do. It's what we must do in this ongoing fight against the unseen but highly dangerous Big C. 

The pidgeon has landed and I'm going in.  Wish me luck.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Steve, you managed to make me smile this early in the day, not an easy thing to do I can tell you.

As Ann, Annette, Little My and Janique, I too will be sending you positive thoughts for Wednesday.

Good Luck

Shaz ((((((((Steve)))))))))))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mission terminated I'm afraid - now been put back to Friday.

It's a long story and deserves a blog all of it's own but I appear to have lost the ability to update my blog with posts.

Once sorted I'll let everyone in on the secret.

Over and out.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

aww man.

what you need my friend is a contact in the hospital. someone about 5ft 6" tall, grubby looking and meets you with a furtive grin and says those imortal words." i have a cunning plan to get you out of this,"

all the best steve in yet another endevour, joe

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Steve, all I can say is that's sh*t. Grrrrrrr.

Never trust a pigeon....

Biggest hug to you

Little Myx

ps it wasn't me, honest! I told them I'd decided to go back to skool instead and  wasn't going to train and to leave it to the polar bear man... (might have been quicker if I had trained).

Hope this doesn't affect the footzzzzzball thing zzz

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Swines! Did you make their pigeon into a pie or something, is that what this is? Perhaps you could try camping out in a tent just outside the hospital entrance and letting anyone who asks why know that it's because you're fed up of keep getting ready for the operation only for it to get cancelled. So you're saving yourself the hassle by just taking up residence outside the place until it's time. That might rush them. Or get you an ASBO. One of the two.