Kylie, Ketchup and......well normality really.

2 minute read time.

Now I know I promised I'd keep this up to date, in fact I believe I said originally that I'd post everyday but honestly, since my op was cancelled the other day naff all has happened.  Well that is basically a lie, but nearly everything I've done since Thursday has revolved around football (somebody give Little My a shake....she falls instantly asleep when I use that word) and this really isn't the forum for me to extol the virtures of 4-1-4-1 over 4-3-3 for the Hungerford game, or to let everyone know how bad last nights referee was (even though we won), so I won't mention any of that......he was bad though...........extraordinarily so.........probably the worst ever.

I have had news of a revised date for my neck slicing, in fact it isn't really news it's more like a rumour.  A friend of a friend, was told that a doctor that isn't my consultant, had heard that I'm definitely booked in for next Wednesday.  I'm sure that a carrier pidgeon will land on my window sill soon confirming this but I wish it'd hurry up, 'cos it's not that warm at the moment and having to leave the window open just isn't helping. So we'll see.

Anyway whilst I'm on the theme of technology (pidgeons are technology around here) I would like to pick up on something Little My mentioned in her blog earlier today - CT scans. 

A few facts:

Being randomly shot in and out of a donut is not the most dignified experience ever.

People sticking needles in you before running out of the room and hiding is somewhat unnerving. 

Having stuff put in you that makes you feel as though you've wet yourself isn't particularly pleasant. 

Cartoon faces and green countdown numbers are a tad condescending and more than a little annoying. 

But, and this is a really big BUT, I find the whole experience is made a great deal worse because the voice telling me to Breathe in........hold.......breathe out, is bloody American!!  Surely in this day and age we could have a good old Stay Calm and Carry On British Voice - I for one would feel so much more secure and safer. 

Even better how about we get a choice of voices like you do with a satnav.  Billy Connelly telling me to 'bloody well breathe out' would cheer my day up.  The Queen instructing me 'One should now hold one's breath' would be fantastic and Kylie moaning and groaning...oh no that's a different thing altogether, sorry about that.   Moving swiftly on........

So that's it for tonight, short and sweet I'm afraid. I could go on about how naughty I was at lunchtime.  I made myself a bacon, mushroom and egg toastie and it was nice, nay, bloody nice.  Made all the nicer because I lathered it all with ketchup. God, I even had a couple of chocolate biscuits afterwards. But I won't.

I could go on about how nice it was this evening to take the dogs out with my Daughter and the walk we had across the newly harvested fields, filled with wonderful views across our valley and how we could see Salisbury Cathedral's spire 8 miles away from the top of the hill.  But I won't.

Normality?  Hell yes.  The more normal the better please.  Sorry cancer but I'm not changing to suit you, you can fit in around me - understood?  Well done.

Now I really am going. Apparently I have to find a ballgown for Wednesday.  Well Mister Doctor, it's like this.  A person called Little My said.........

Stay Positive - Have Fun.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's always yours that my comments don't get posted.. hmmm are you trying to tell me something? la la la la not listening...

What I wanted to say was....

Oooooooh, thanks, Chrisie for the hint....that's my wedding food sorted-bacon butties all round and served with Steve in a ballgown and sandals... wait, that'll be the entertainment sorted too!

Oh and don't worry, steve cos my brother will be there and he likes to talk about zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was so relieved to find the CT scan was not, as I'd feared, a scary, claustrophobic tube (that's the MRI) that it could have spoken to me in Klingon if it'd wanted. Though I grant you, that would have been disconcerting.

Yay for normality!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a great blog, it cheered me up no end. Hope the carrier pidgeon arrives soon with your date. Enjoy normality - whatever that is!!! X