It’s all so quiet

1 minute read time.

Famous last words. I hope I’m not tempting fate with them. It has been a very quiet few weeks because I’ve slept through most of it. I had my last chemo with no issue 3 weeks ago and had my Oncology review booked for today. Stupidly, when they said a request had been sent 3 weeks ago for a CT scan I didn’t then do anything to chase it. When I did that last week, nothing had been booked. Standard behaviour. I managed to get a cancellation in which was done on Tuesday. I hope they get the report done and sent over to Oncology for my meeting. Because my scan wasn’t done earlier, my treatment is getting delayed a week. I didn’t get my chemo done on Friday in case there needs to be changes next week on the back of the CT scan.

I’ve had some good days and nights out over the last week weekend, but I feel like for every day of fun I have, I pay for it with two days in bed afterwards sleeping. The fatigue is real and nothing I do shakes it. I guess I can cope with it though that I am able to get out and about and be relatively normal.

I’m pacing the floor this morning with nerves for my CT results. I have never had a good outcome from one so it makes it so much worse to try and be positive. Cocktails are booked in for tonight to have a drink either way.

I know its short notice but if everyone could think happy thoughts that would be smashing.

Anonymous