Is this actually happening to me?!

Less than one minute read time.

Hi! Iv'e was diagnosed this week with cancer. I'm only 19, I don't feel like it is me its really happening to. 

When I talk about it I feel like i'm talking about someone else, is that normal? I feel like I'm watching it happening to me from outside my body, its crazy! Is this going to hit me at some point, in some massive way?   

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi to all you newly diagnosed,

What can I say, everyone has reassured you it's normal to feel a whole heap of emotions those first few weeks, anger was a good one for me I made a great Hulk . There isn't a right or wrong way to feel, just let yourself feel and let those emotions out, don't keep them in. Blog, write, talk, scream, cry, laugh but share , share with friends , family or here. My early blogs sound so different to now.

No age is the right age, no circumstance or time !! We are all members of a club that none of us wanted to join, but you will see with a little help from friends, family, the support online  and off line that actually you can cope with this and you can make something scary and unwanted a positive experience, you may not think so right now ...you have to work your way through emotions to get acceptance but you will.

I'm 7 months into my journey and Chelle I'm a single mum, too you can do this , being a single mum will have equipped you with strong coping strategies. 

If there is anything I can offer to help you with just shout xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi! xxxxchellexxxx I know how you feel! im very scared

I have serous carcinoma (not sure where the primary source is yet)

And thanks Sassy71, its nice to know how supportive everyone on here is!