What a priviledge.

1 minute read time.

A quick blog to update the past week and let you all know that my Dad died on Sunday 1.40am.  But i'm not going to be morbid or upsetting.  I don't think it's fair to express with too much detail the process of palliative care and my personal experiences; some of you on here may be going through as patient or carer the same experience and don't want the reminder thanks very much!  And if you do, P.M. me to share.

All I want to say, is though the past few weeks have been tiring both physical and mental, it has also been a privilege and very special.  I wouldn't change it at all.  

Hoping my normal loony self will be resumed shortly.  On the loony front, I will share one of last weeks moments, in which my daughter and I played out scenes from the nurse in Catherine Tates sketch show.  Quotes such as "sorry sister", "I just give 'em a little wiff and if they're not too smelly, I leave 'em for another couple of days".  (Hope this doesn't offend, but if it does oops.  It didn't offend Dad and he was the one in the bed hehe).

Hope everyones doing OK here, catch up soon.

Take care

Jan x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just got up and logged in with coffee in hand.  To be honest i've been awake for hours but refused to let myself up before 6am.

Thanks for all your posts, they are a comfort to read.  Although I have just noticed I typed pooped instead of popped to lisamc oops.  (got poo on the brain eh which friends on here will understand hehe).

Take care all

Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

Sorry to hear about your Dad, my thoughts are with you and the rest of your family.

You know what I think what you write, and you know what I think about you. You do not offend anyone, we love your support and we love to support you.

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Jan,

So sorry about your Dad passing away, may he rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family, take care.

Love, Joycee xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan,

Your comments were perfect, and I am sorry about your dad dying, and I am pleased you feel peaceful about it, in  a piglet way or not.

Sending you huge warm Welsh cwtchs and much love and blessings xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Your kind words of wisdom are very much appreciated, thanks.

Take care all

Jan xx