What a priviledge.

1 minute read time.

A quick blog to update the past week and let you all know that my Dad died on Sunday 1.40am.  But i'm not going to be morbid or upsetting.  I don't think it's fair to express with too much detail the process of palliative care and my personal experiences; some of you on here may be going through as patient or carer the same experience and don't want the reminder thanks very much!  And if you do, P.M. me to share.

All I want to say, is though the past few weeks have been tiring both physical and mental, it has also been a privilege and very special.  I wouldn't change it at all.  

Hoping my normal loony self will be resumed shortly.  On the loony front, I will share one of last weeks moments, in which my daughter and I played out scenes from the nurse in Catherine Tates sketch show.  Quotes such as "sorry sister", "I just give 'em a little wiff and if they're not too smelly, I leave 'em for another couple of days".  (Hope this doesn't offend, but if it does oops.  It didn't offend Dad and he was the one in the bed hehe).

Hope everyones doing OK here, catch up soon.

Take care

Jan x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

sorry to hear about your dad jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm going to add my own comment first.  I tend to overthink things all the time as friends on lhere will already know!!

I'm probably not thinking straight at the minute anyway, so that's my excuse, or ofcourse chemo brain.  But I am worried I've written my blog all wrong and it has come out  in an upsetting or offensive way.  Oh I do hope not. Just didn't want to go on about shitty cancer and it's experiences even though this is a cancer forum for fuck sake.  Think i'm a bit mixed up in my head! (anyone got any spare spoons)

Take care all

Love Jan xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh sorry Lisamc you pooped in there before me, thanks so much xx

• Hi Jan 

I am so sorry to to hear your Dad has died.Love and Hugs to you and your family.I do not think your blog is in any way offensive you wrote what you felt at the time and expressed your feelings in your own way.

I have a few spoons to spare and you are more than welcome to them

My thoughts will be with you

More Hugs

Scraton xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Jan so sorry to hear abot your dad... just sending  big big hugs to you...

Your blog is not offensive at all in the slightest ... how could it be? Its you writing about you and caring for your dad. And you write what you want to write and don't overthink about it!

Lots of love to you

Little My xxx