What a bothersome weekend

4 minute read time.

Seem to only blog when things are a bit glum, sorry. 

Well I did intend to have a few wines on Friday night (i didn't manage the whole bottle stinker) hehe.  Relaxation therapy as Tim put it.  But I was so tired I fell asleep after one glass and missed our usual Friday evening telly entertainement and was quite antisocial to poor hubby.  A shame really 'cos he had been so thoughtful the day before.  He came in from work with a lovely bouquet of flowers, which isn't usual.  So I asked what they were for and what had he done.  If i'm being sexist is that a typical woman thing to say hehe or is it just me??  He had actually remembered the date we were in clinic and got the "it's cancer, sorry" statement two years on.  He thought I might be feeling glum and infact I hadn't even remembered :)  AAwwww how nice is that, he's my best mate.

Sorry warped, if any of you read the above I know it's repeated from there but wanted to share it here too.  Oh and Hils, I loved the phrase my cancerversary, brilliant i'll remember that.  Oh and LM pointed out, is cancerversary on diagnosis, start of treatment or end of treatment.  Yes LM I think it should be all three and celebrate every one of them.  Oh by the way, I got my appointment today for my next CT scan in a few weeks.  It's a weird feeling when one comes around, 'cos you think it's not on your mind and then the uncertainty and little niggles start. Hi ho, onwards and upwards.

Right then that's Thursday and Friday done.  Saturday morning mum phoned in a panic.  Dad was found on the floor whilst walking his dog and a kind lady rang an ambulance and returned the dog home.  I rushed out and met the ambulance before it left forl hossie.  He had fell flat on lhis face and his glasses had skinned the bridge of his nose and the nosepiece was embedded in his skin.  What a mess!  Three hours later in A & E he was assessed S.H.O. and referred on to another hossie for the next day as they feared the tear duct was involved. 

Poor dad was in shock and at the min he is struggling with an infection due to his ca prostate.  I'm amazed he hadn't broken any bones 'cos he's got bone mets aswell.  He's 78 but so independant and still thinks he's 28, which is a good outlook to have but it can come and bite you on the bum as they say.  He's ok now and i've just got to dress his wound every few days and report back to hossie in a week.

Thought Sunday would be peaceful and then a phone call in the afternoon spoilt that idea.  My sons car had broken down.  He's lives with us and goes to Uni and his little old banger is hanging on in there, hopefully to see him to the end of Uni in a few years.  Car rescue came out, topped up the coolant which had been lost and told him to drive to a garage.  We had to go out to him to help with taking partner and my grandson home and following him to see he was ok.

Taxi mum time again!!  Took him to work in the evening and then to Uni this morning.  Right we are up to Monday now eh.  Going to pick him up this afternoon and hope the garage has sorted the problem out with not too much expense ouch!!!

Sorry for the bothersome weekend account after what was meant to be a relaxation therapy hehe.

Ending on a lighter note.  My family is growing with daughter and son having partners and families.  My house is always buzzing with someone coming and going and I  honestlycould do with a bigger house but that's out of the question.  Anyway, we have been planning Christmas day, yep I know it's only November but these things need organising then we know who is going where.  Guess where the where is? MINE.  I've got 16 to dinner and although it's quite exciting it's the biggest number i've cooked for eeeek!  Gonna have to go out and buy another banquet table and chairs to seat everyone 'cos I only have enough to accomodate 12 at the min hehe. 

Any advice for the days plans would be apreciated.  Oh and my niece is vegarerian, so if you have any lovely Christmas day recipes, may I have them, thanks.  Duncs advice was to follow the royal family christmas theme (not the royal royal family, the telly royal family). 

Cuppa soup in middle of tables with a ladle to help yourself

A mountain of smash with sausages stuck in on a platter with ladle to help yourself

Huge bowl of angel delight with a ladle to help yourself.

All served onto disposible plates and plastic cutlery.

JOB DONE Have drink cheers.

Take care all

love

Jan xx

prem.xps
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jan

I hope those little bits of positivity gradually join up and that you have longer bits. Hope your mother is having a better day too.

Oh, I'm eldest of 8, and with parents that's 10! LB is going to be our 1st grandchild and my parents 1st great grandchild (they have 14 grandchildren ages 6-30), so with my 2 lads becoming uncles for 1st time its going to be more exciting than Christmas :-)

You could always use a mix of carrot, tin of kidney/ haricot beans (or chick peas), mushrooms, tomato, onion, garlic, herbs....make it up as you go along!!! Important not to get stressed as it is only one meal. I can't understand people who buy loads of stuff which they will probably throw away, just for a couple of days!

Loads of spoons

Louise xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

How very exciting, it's even more exciting to have a first grandchild nearly here.  Bet you can't pass the baby section wherever you shop.  Do you knowif LB is a girl or boy or will it be a sursprise?

I'll have a practice run of a few veggie meals.  I'm far from expert in the kitchen but I do like cooking and have become more confident over the last few years.  I love my Jamie Oliver books but also like to experiment myself.  Very wise words about over shopping and the waste afterwards.  I have got better with that too over the years, but I still have to resist the temptation when shopping. 

Take care

Jan xxxxxxxxx