I never expected that

• We did it! Sponsored walk ticked off

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today was the Oxford Wonderful Waterways Walk (local Macmillan event) and we enjoyed the unseasonal sunshine and warmth at the end after a chilly start. I'm proud of my elder daughter Pippa who managed the whole walk (6 miles we think?) without any piggy backs and barely even a stop for lunch. We had our sandwiches after finishing.

Thanks to colleagues from work who showed willing and joined the walk and raised…

• It's all coming together

FormerMember
    FormerMember

First wave of second hand books have been delivered to the Hall, the pile of cakes is stacking up nicely (lemon drizzlex3, coffee and walnut, carrot cake, gluten free chocolate brownies, pain au chocolat all at this house and more cakes known to be at the neighbours and on their way), flowers for the tables have been collected, balloons and bunting are in the car. It's going to be one hell of a coffee morning!

Publicity…

• Coffee morning plans well under way

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hmmmm. Bit annoyed as I tried to change my profile photo to this one of me in the Macmillan T-shirt but I couldn't get it to upload correctly.

Anyway, my mind is well and truly turning to fundraising now. My treatment finished mid-July and at my oncology appointment last week the Dr told me in the nicest possible way they hoped not to see me again. I'm back in the hands of the surgical team. I should have the results…

• From treatment to fund-raising

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Seems like AGES since I wrote a blog post. And it seems like ages since I finished treatment in the middle of last month.

I've been fit and well and enjoying the summer. We started the school hols with a week's camping in Norfolk. It was rather chilly most of the time, but we had one glorious day on Hunstanton beach and swimming in the sea was a particular highlight. I couldn't persuade anyone else in the family to join…

• Chemo finished!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Happy day! I took the final Capecitibine tablets this morning and I am now a drug-free zone! Cakes at work and cards and flowers at home.

I have an oncology review on Friday and I think I'll be booked in for a scan or two - but this marks a new phase: checking up on me instead of treating me. Just over one year since diagnosis and just under one year since treatment started.

Thank you everyone for your support and…