I am so scared of the future (Sun 23 Jan 2010)

Less than one minute read time.

I am so scared of the future.  My husband David was diagnosed lat April/May that he has lung cancer (2 tumours) and in his lymph nodes.  Prognosis was less than 6 months and 9 months later we are still here.

Last night (Sat 22 Jan 2010) David had a mini stroke.  He was judged by the ambulance crew to be ok and he was allowed to stay home.

today he is very lethargic and extremely tired.  i watch his every move and ask him all the time "are you ok?"

Now I scared that we don;t have very long left. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

pageantqueen...my heart goes out to you.  Watching the one you love suffer when you can't do anything to help is hard.  I will tell you that the doctors don't always know how long someone will survive...my husband was told that he would likely live six to eight months and he lived 8 years! Just try to let your husband know you love him every day and let the future take care of itself. ((((HUGS))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hello again Gwen, Sorry to hear David is suffering these additional complications. Thinking of you at this difficult time and wishing you all the strength to manage.

Charles (((((Hugs)))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi me dear, sorry to hear about David, you have all our support from your friends on here, it does help to get things off your chest.  My thoughts are with you and your family.  Take care of yourself ie, eating etc too, as you need the strength to get through this difficult time, take care dawn xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Gwen,

My thoughts,strength, and support are with you at this very telling time.You look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So hard to be strong when watching a loved one suffer,my heart goes out to you and like all the others here i send you a big cyber hug to help you through this difficult time ! lol Lynxxxxxxxxxx