Hello - New to blogs, Forums and Cancer

Less than one minute read time.

Hi, I have never blogged or joined a forum before but read posts here and felt compelled to join in so I would not feel so lonely. My partner of 25 years has just been diagnosed 3 weeks ago with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and is currently in hospital. Sorry if this is not the right place to say all this, but I wanted to join in with you all as your comments and posts have comforted me.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Hope - First welcome to the site - just sorry you need to join us.

You will find information, care and support on here from  people who do understand - we have been there or are there now ourselves. We are a group of Patients, Carers, Relatives and Friends that have all been affected by Cancer in some way.

You will make friends on here that may well be friends for life - feel free to ask questions, look for answers, Rant  when you need to - we all do that at times.

Not sure if you have found the chat room yet ? most hours of the day and night you will find a mixed group that are there to help, offer a willing ear or just have a laugh - we do a lot off that on here !

You will find help on here for your Partner from people who have experience of his cancer and will be more than willing to discuss thier treatment and experience.

Welcome to the Mac Family

Hugs

John xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Hope,  John has said everything I would want to say so I'll just say a big welcome to you and hope to see you in chat some time.  Caroline XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

look for my thread GRAEME. on the main page...

iv got non hodgkins lymphoma....theres a few of us on here who are lymphomaniacs as we are all know..

what type of NHL has your partner got and wht treatment is he having...

as i say theres a few of us on here who might be able to offer help or advice or point you in the right direction to get help

all the best...

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

John, celiswan and Graeme, thank you, thank you, your kindness , like the kindness of all strangers makes me cry. Graeme, my beloved P has diffuse cell B NHL. I suspect at level 3 or 4 but I don't know. Had his first RCHOP about 10 days ago but became very ill at home. First presented with breathlessness which became worse until I had to watch him all night to check that he didn't stop breathing. Now he is in hosp where they have drained unbelievable quantities of fluid from his lungs and abdomen and thankfully his breathing is more normal.

We work from home and have no children and have lived in our own blissful little world so I am finding it very difficult to let friends in and I want to spare everyone any pain, so I am keeping people away.

I think that's why I can see myself becoming addicted to this site as it comforts me so much to know you are all out there somewhere.

Best love to all of you,

Hope.