My mum

Less than one minute read time.

My mum was told 8 days ago that she has cancer of the pancreas, liver and lungs the doctor has referred her twice to Macmillan nurses and still we wait for news. This is quite tough as she has only about 4-5 weeks left and today she asked if she could have a shower and my dad who is 75 is starting to worry, we live along way away and left her yesterday and I will go back and make sure she is ok, we were told we would get so much help but we have not seen any yet and the clock is ticking.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Simon.   I'm sorry you still haven't heard from the Macmillan nurse yet ... it's extremely distressing for you and your parents. I would get onto your Mum's GP tomorrow and ask them to send someone round, even a District Nurse could help with something - also call Macmillan themselves on the free Support Line number ( top right ) in the morning and ask them if they can muster something up.

I hope that you get the much needed help very soon ... your Mum is precious, take care.

Joycee x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

After many phone calls,emails and letters it looks the care my mum and dad need is starting to fall into place why is it so difficult??

This has all taken time that unfortunately my mum does not have, cannot beleive that there are no standards all protocols in place.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

We had the same problems simonf, so sorry you are having these extra worries too. It felt very much as if we were on our own for a while.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi Just wondering how things are now? x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Things are no better my dad who is 75 is caring for my mum he has had 3 hours sleep in 2 days, my mum has no care package in place last night I had to call 999 to get her admitted to hospital, where they said she has a bladder infection and thrush in her mouth this all after being seen by a GP

No help from anyone I cannot believe that there are no procedures or protocols to implement when someone is told they are terminally ill