Have I the right to talk about dying

Less than one minute read time.

It isnt easy knowing that you are afraid to live with cancer. First there is the fear of being operated on and dying in hospital with MRSA or c.diff. Then there is the fear of being alone while on chemo and on top of that 30 sessions of radiotherapy which killed my younger brother.Death has to be the sweeter of the options. Trouble is,no one wants to talk about it. I have had cancer for 3 years now,my surgeon who took out the original tumour said I had 2 to 5 years without treatment so my time must be nearly up particularly as I have been bleeding badly now for 8 weeks. I just cant handle the thought of being alone and ill.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Eric

I really hope you get the support you require, love J x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi there, look at the response you have had already!  everyone understanding how you feel, please, please, do get in touch with some of the suggestions above, its the first move thats hardest, and you sound at the end of your tether, i understand that feeling, thou i am not the sufferer in our home.

lots of strength, please get some support!! hugs and love,    kaitie  xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The problem is that I dont feel ill. It was my choice to refuse treatment and since I have the NHS seem to have abandoned me. What I want to do is die before I become too ill and have to rely on others who will probably want to keep me alive against my wishes. Thank you for all your comments and good wishes but there is no going back,just got to find the right way to do it.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Eric,

No one is forcing you to go back; you have made a brave decision and you want to stick to it.

What we are saying is that there is no need to go through this alone; there are people out there who can help and also there are things that can be done to make your final years more comfortable.

Good luck on your journey and please keep in touch

Colin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Get in touch with the local hospice as they do not keep you alive against your wishes. They do care for you though and give you pain relief and company so you are not alone. You do need to be comfortable and not in pain and cared for whatever you decide about treatment so please get in touch with the organisations others have mentioned or your local hospice  so you have some care and help... everyone deserves and needs that whatever their decisions re treatment or not.

LM x