The day before chemo and radiotherapy starts.

1 minute read time.

So tomorrow I start radiotherapy and chemotherapy, and it will be 25 sessions.  Monday to Friday, with weekends off.  Finally it's here.  I'm excited and nervous.  At times terrified.  This better work.

My Doctor has finally given me pain relief that works, but it was a battle.  They were very reluctant to give me morphine, but finally I have it, and for the last week I have been pain free.

Yesterday I had my hair cut, and it's now a short ish wavy feminine cut, which will hopefully mean my hair is low maintenance during treatment.  It's also been done ready for when/if my hair thins/falls out.

A week ago I had my ovaries hitched out the way, hopefully they won't get damaged during radiotherapy.  They weren't able to collect any eggs for harvesting as I hadn't had a period.  I was given the option of putting treatment on hold until I get a period so that eggs could be saved, but I decided not to put things on hold.  I'll just have to see what happens, and what will be, will be.

Friends and family all know now.  Some have been brilliant, others not so brilliant.  I've met my treatment team and been to the unit.  Everyone is so lovely.  I'm glad they're with me on this.

Tomorrow is the big first day of a totally new chapter.  I've been told to stay at home and not think about work or go into the office.  So this time next week I might have met some side effects, but hopefully this thing inside me will be being destroyed.

Today I'm just taking it easy,  pampering myself, watching TV.  Having lunch with my family and just basically relaxing.  Oh and I'll be scratching (that'll be the morphine). Arghghg.

Hope everyone is doing OK.

I'll keep you posted.

Hannah xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck hannah hope all goes well.  

dawnief xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

all the best hannah we are all here for you girl ive just had a moan on here and everyone is there to offer some kind words and help so keep us updated on yer progress girl have added you as a friend hope you dont mind love and hugs jen xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Hannah

That's a huge amount of treatment to have together. Fortunately my RT didn't take place until after chemo was over. You sound so positive and to have good family support. I wish you well, please let us know how you get on.

Love Max xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you all for your kind word.  It's a lot of treatment, but it's got to be done.  Just going to take one day at a time.

Thanks for the support and at some point I'm sure I'll have a moan, but yes I'll be staying as positive as possible.

Hannah xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Hannah, Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow.

Best wishes  Sue  xx