the good bad news...

1 minute read time.

Hi all,

Well, now we know the worst.  My cancer is back again, but thankfully still not spread anywhere else.  The doctor at last showed an interest and agreed that I needed some more treatment, but it was up to me when.  Considering my breathing is very difficult when I move around I felt sooner rather than later was a good idea, and when he said it would probably be after Christmas anyway, by the time they could get me fitted in I was glad I told them to get on with it!  He also feels that I have fluid that would help me if it were removed, so we are going to try for that meanwhile.....

And then we went and collected our new car, which was wonderful.  I can now get in and out with far less trouble than the old one, which I had loved when we had it (a hard top convertible, but with only 2 doors, and very wide and low at that it was a nightmare when I feel rough).  Now we have 4 doors and can get  passengers in and out with a bit more ease, and a lot more leg room!

Here's hoping it brings us luck for the new year!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mavis,  the fluid is in the abdominal cavity, and hopefully will just be a day job, if they can get it in before Christmas!

The cancer is still in the peritoneum, not having spread to any other organs, and he is giving me Topotecan, which is 5 days a week for 1 week then 2 weeks off.  3 months to see how I get on with it.  The cisplatin I had last time has affected my fingers and toes, so he can't give me that again until I have recovered completly.  Here's hoping it works quickly!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sorry to hear that the cancer is back Viv, but it is good that it hasn't spread. I hope they can drain the fluid before Christmas so that you will be comfortable and able to enjoy the festivities. Fingers crossed that the new chemo works quickly and well.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the new year.

Take care,

Love and hugs,

lizzie xx