here we go again.

Less than one minute read time.

Didn't I say my holidays are a disaster.  Just come back from my hospital appointment for blood results ready for last session of chemo next week.  Last month (the day I came back) the CA125 had gone up 12, this month it has gone up to 617, and that is on treatment!  The doctor listened to me saying I thought things were not right, but he didn't have the results, just said have the chemo then the regular post chemo CT scan, come back in 6 weeks.  I insisted he got the blood results, and he didn't change the treatment when he saw the results, but he was only a registrar, so is it worth me having 5 days of chemo next week when it is not doing anything?   Do I push for an earlier scan, but then the Oncolgist will only say, put off treatment as long as you can.  Trouble is I know it is a fast growing cancer, and it could do a lot in 6 weeks.

Where do I go from here?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

The fact was that it WAS working at first, and now I seem to have got used to it and it isn't working any longer.  The last two treatments have been one week late (ie over 4 weeks not 3) but I can't see that it would have made that much difference.  I'll see what happens on Monday, and make sure I dscuss it with the nurses before they wire me up!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Viv,

I know it is worrying when the CA125 isn't going down but I agree with locovan and say have the chemo and then ask for an earlier scan. As this is your last session you might as well complete the course, even though I sympathise with all the travelling. It is a good idea to discuss things with the nurses or maybe your oncologist (if you can get hold of him)  and that may ease your mind. I will be seeing my onc on Monday and will get my first CA125 result since finishing chemo three months ago.

Take care and good luck,

Love and hugs,

lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Lizzie,

Good luck with your appointment on Monday. My nurse has forwarded my e-mail to the oncologist, and will discuss with him on Monday, and she says she can bring my scan forward easily enough.

Good luck

Love n hugs

Viv