colds - here we go again

Less than one minute read time.

Why oh why can't I just have a normal cold and get over it in a few days like other people.  Here I am, now in remission with a chance to get out and about again, but now I've had a cold for 10days.  The last twice I've been like this I've ended up with penumonia -  I'm supposed to be going away next week touring in Europe for 5 weeks.  I've got no voice and feel so grotty I will be at the doctors tomorrow in the hope that they'll give me some antibiotics.  two weeks ago when i saw my GP fro something else she wouldn't give me any as she said I'd had enoght drugs going round me recently.  I hope she hanges her mind tomorrow and I can get rid of this before we are supposed to go........

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am sorry that you are feeling so rotten Viv. Hopefully the GP will give you somrthing as you are so close to going away. Drink plenty of fluids and if your system can take it, blast that cold with a curry,(or a chilli if you prefer). Hope you feel better really soon.

Take care,

Love lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Brandy seems to do the trick for me love, I hope you get that cold gone before your trip. Take care..love Carol x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Greybadger,

A few hot toddies a hot water bottle and bed for a couple of days and you will be fine.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have had a "cold" since May 28 - I rmember it because it was the Bank Holiday when I woke up to a sore throat. It keeps going round from my chest to my throat to my ears and back again. I have coughed so much I have ruptured my stoma. It turns out it is a deep seated lung infection - have had Xrays and a sputum test and they are trying to find out exactly what it is so they can custom build some antibiotics. One of the side effects of chemo apparently.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

A wee nip of your favourite tipple(if you have one) might help you on your way.  Do hope your GP is helpful and that you get rid of your cold soon.

Take care, Heather x