Told You !! Getting Really Pi**ed Off Now So Stop Asking !!!

4 minute read time.

Hi Laura and James,

I do understand you are working hard to resolve our issues, and at this stage not getting a lot of thanks from us the members. I say understand not saying I am sorry !! - you are the only visible faces we can post to.

While I understand your efforts, with long days and sleepless nights I have far less concerns about that than the fact someone who may of just received a diagnosis of cancer has turned to the site and instead of being welcomed, reassured and pointed in the direction where they can seek help, support and feedback from others who understand their Cancer, treatment and fears have been left to flounder alone and lost.

I keep hearing things about the new improved site, OK a couple of definitions, if it’s new - it’s new - not improved!! If it’s improved, great but then it’s not new!! Mac can not have it both ways; the sad thing is it is neither. It is Flashy and is a tribute to the Internet coding for appearance. It is also slow and clunky and totally unusable at the speed it is working. But speed is only one aspect of why we find it difficult if not impossible to use.

Recently Admin put forward a blog asking for 'Community Champions' along with 14 other people I offered to take up this role. I did not do it for the title or kudos, there was none. So why take on this role,  well along with the others I wanted to make sure than no blog went unanswered, even if not having the relevant knowledge I would be able to point them to the information or groups who did and just to let them know someone was listening and actually understood.

The reason I offered was to repay some of the help, confidence and even love I was offered when I was at my lowest ebb. I had been in a dark lonely place after being told my cancer was inoperable but by giving up several male characteristics and abilities my life could be extended by some years, some choice huh ??  This was an important point in my life. The confidence and hope I was given by this site and friends I made on Chat gave me a hope and a will to review what was important and I went for the life option.

So maybe from personal experience I can say this site can be a matter of life or death at times in a cancer patients life and I am just not sure how anyone associated with this charity, in any sort of control role can take the risk of turning their backs on even one person at the most venerable time in their lives.

The New Site is Flashy but unworkable, it should never have been implemented without a large scale user trial. The time to correct the problems was before not after change over We were asked what we wanted before the site was introduce and these need have been ignored.

One of the most fundament aspects of the previous Mac Site was the Community Spirit, Mutual Support, a Family of Members looking out for each other, offering a Social network, wanting and needing to know about others tests and results, symptoms and sadly even losses of Family Members.

I am not even going to discuss the fiasco that passes for a chat room, total rubbish and just not fit for purpose !!

Simple but fundament question, If one of my friends looses a partner, parent,  child or relative will I even know or get a chance to convey my feeling, condolences  or emotions ?

I do not want the earth honest, I want a home page to see how and what my friends are doing, I want a chat room that works and I want to be able to post to new members welcoming them to the site, confident that my post will appear. I also want a site that works in a constant, speedy manner.

I am not going to apologise if this seems a sad angry blog with me ranting and spitting my dummy - that’s because I am all of those things and a lot more too but unfair to load all my feeling onto the two admin people who I understand are working hard but to them it must seem like nailing jelly to the ceiling !! Thanks for Your efforts but its not enough Laura and James.

Lost Totally Pi **ed Off and Disillusioned

Regards

John

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi John,

To be honest there is alot of things you have said I agree with. I like, you thought maybe just maybe things would start to improve. But I am starting to struggle looking for different sites we had in the old Build. But like you we cant put the blame at Laura and James,s door. There are a lot of technical people in the back ground we dont even know about. I  only ask that we have a site that is available to help new and old members of the community. That is why we are all here to help one another if

the service was available with easy access to Help.  But I must admit this last 24 hrs has been a struggle. But I still think given the chance Laura and James will do everything in their power to make this build work. But we all have to work as a team. It is vital to all the New comers Carers and Cancer sufferers that we get this site up and working if we are going to help, support, comfort, and understanding. As

soon as possible. Please, Please lets all try to work together on this, for everyones sake especially the people who need our HELP.

Regards Sarsfield.x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your comment and do really understand your point of view, and I am taking care not to put the blame on Laura and James, know they are working hard - but they are the face we see - lol, Promise You guys its not personal and thankyou for your responses and efforts. Would be nice if those who are responsible stood up and took some of the flack

At the end of the day we just want support others who are where we were once, lost and confused -

Thanks Jackie - take care, regards

John

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi John, I'm glad you wrote this because I couldn't have found the right words to explain how I was feeling about the new 'improved' site. I'm sorry, but I really can't see any improvement whatsoever. 

I know Mac are aware of the problems regarding the speed of the site, but it really is beyond ridiculous. I have eventually managed to access the site after the fourth attempt today. Not good enough, especially for newcomers who might be feeling desperate for help.

I liked the fact that the old site had everything on the main page and you could click on the forum or blog headings that you wanted to read, but that has been removed. Where have the forums gone?

I'm finding it all very confusing, can't imagine how newcomers must feel. I will keep at it as I did the last changeover and to be honest, I never did fully find my way round that!

I expect that as so much money would have been put into changing the site there will be very few further changes, if any. I don't feel that this is 'my' site anymore. It's like a stranger. I can't see my friends updates on the main page. It all feels really cold and unwelcoming.

Best wishes to one and all,

Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello, me again! I have come back here because I am really pee'd off now. I tried to write a new blog to update everyone about my mum's biopsy results today and after writing it all I clicked to post and got a message telling me I cannot post more that 256 characters or some such! What is that all about'????

I'm logging off now. I have been trying to get on here for ages today, got on, took ages to load up. Tried to post a blog, didn't let me aaarrgghhh!!!! Not in the mood any more. I pity anyone new coming here I really do. I've not got the time or inclination to be sitting here doing this right now. I am leaving feeling really p**sed off! If this continues I will be leaving the site.

Ok folks, goodnight for now. I will try again tomorrow to navigate the site and hopefully be in a better mood :0(

Christine xx

p.s. Mum's biopsy results were good. She doesn't have mouth cancer, but has cell changes which need to be removed xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Christine,

Great to know you are around, again one of the few Friends I have spoken to this week, feel we have all been confined to solitary and not even sure what we did wrong. Same as you and others seems the community spirit has been ripped out of the site but the problem is so much monety has been spent on the new site- who is big enough to say we made a mistake, lets go back a stage and think again on the best way forward !!

Can't really expect that, someone may get a rollocking, lets not worry about the newbies maybe, they are not members yet so don't have a say anyway, to the bean counters they are numbers, to me they are Cancer Patients, with the best will in the world, the powers that be who are ignoring and turning their backs - hope you or your family never need support from the site because you are wearing us out and very few maybe around, not a threat but already looking at other sites for support, both to give and to have.

Hugs Mate xx

John xx