can anybody help me

Less than one minute read time.
help anybody is that it for me now was being admitted to hospital mon for op wed last week had a laproscopy they also do a bo dy wash and test it results were late hence telling me on mon cancer cells now present so op not now an option i did all the chemo ect when diag all was ok then could have had the op then was put on clinicle trials chemo surgery thought they must know what they are doing have not seen anyone since surgeon gave me the bad news managed to get appointment for 10 thursday but he is so busy may not see him till late afternoon all i want is closure is there a way forward or nothing that can be done now geoff
Anonymous
  • Hi Geoff

I know how really worried you’ve been and all that you’ve been through to date.  It’s been a terrible shock to you having been given a surgery date only to be told the day before that surgery is not now an option.  The first thing you must do is to go and see the surgeon tomorrow and take someone with you, not only for support, but it’s easier for two people to remember what is said at these meetings.  You will be able to find out the facts and reasons for their decision and then see what the options are and what the proposed new treatment plan will be.  Don’t give up Geoff, there are many treatments and your oncologist will have a good chat with you and tell you what he proposes to do.  Stay strong, there are lots of people here going through similar things and I’m sure they’ll help you with support and advice too.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Love Kitty xx