KIDNEY CANCER

1 minute read time.

Hi

Well it's now 2 weeks since I had my full kidney removed after a 9 hour operation, where I was simply told there were a few complications, I feel lost, alone, let down and depressed.

I was admitted to the hospital on the Thursday morning had my operation, sent to ICU then on Saturday simply told you can go home, that was it no information just treat like a piece of dirt by the nurses in the hospital, sent home with packet of paracetomol and some dressings.

At 36 years old, I just keep asking why me, worried it's not all gone, worry it will come back, scared to die, all this along with struggling with type 1 diabetes which means I inject some 5 times a day, it just seems to be one thing after another.

Cancer has learn me the following things - lifes precious, you find out who your true friends are, each day is a new day and I never say I'm bored anymore and finally work is just work your not indespensible just a payroll number (Haven't even had a get well card, just harrassing letters for welfare meetings and more and more doctors reports request,

Rant over thank gosh for this website as it's the only support seems to be out there.

Garry

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Garry.Its terrible when the staff have no bedside manner.It helps a lot when they do (i think).I presume you will have a follow up appointment and will know then what the complications are.write down any questions you want to ask incase they are not answered.I presume they are hoping all is clear having had your kidney removed.Hope you dont have to wait too long.If you are in too much pain see your Gp and insist if need be.good luck

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Garry,

Dont like it at all sending you home just a couple of days after major surgery. Would contact the Hospital and your Consultant and find out, the reason why.  Dosent sound right to me.!!!.  Look after yourself.

Take care and be safe Sarsfield.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi garry

as with sarsfield i agree that you should get back in touch with the hospital. my dad had a kidney removed and was kept in for several days but was given follow up appointments when he left. i know each hospital and person is different but i truly hope you get some answers from the hospital soon

sending hugs

wendie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi Garry

im so sorry that you have had problems with the hospital ive had the same with my son its like they cant get rid of you fast enough its awful cos they need the beds as for the nurses well they should be ashamed of themselves id report it if i was you good advice from everyone who has replied to you on here i totally agree get in touch with your gp and go see him you cant be left in pain hun   and tell youre consultant exactly whats gone on take care we are always here to help if we can love and hugs jen xxx