Stop All The Clocks...

1 minute read time.

I am sorry I haven't been around much lately.  I have just dropped in to let you know that my beautiful brother left us on Saturday 10th March 2012 at 9.45pm.  I will be back to tell you all about it but for now I will leave you with a poem I created from a vision I had a few weeks ago.

Much love and squidgy hugs,

Nin xxx

DESTINATION

Standing alone in the station,"A strange place to be", he thought

There were no arrivals on 'Train Information'. No ticket had he bought

From out of the mist a train pulled in, "All aboard", the guard did yell

He climbed onto the train and was shown to his seat.  The guard then rang the bell

As the train meandered along the track, on the platform were faces he knew

He suddenly felt there was no going back and returned the kisses they blew

"Where am I going?" he asked the conductor.  "You'll know when you get there", he said

"All the paths you have walked and the trials you have suffered to this destination have led

It hasn't been easy, your journey's been hard and I know you've been put to the test

But your troubles are over and now it is time for you to sit back and rest"

As the train rattled on through the darkness of night he kept closing his eyes in sleep

Dreaming of those he had left at the station knowing their love he would keep

He opened his eyes as the train slowed down.  The guard said, "Sir we are here"

He got up from his seat and walked onto the platform.  A familiar man did appear

The man slowly turned, looked him right in the eye and he opened his arms with a smile

He said, "Welcome home, my beautiful son I've been waiting for you for a while"

And when I board that train to my last destination I hope on the platform they'll be

With a smile on their faces and arms reaching out, standing there, waiting for me.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Nin

I am so very sorry to hear about Gordy.

Your poem is so very beautiful and so very moving. You have been such a loving and caring sister. I send you and your family my condolences & hope that you will find the strength you need from friends and neighbours and community.

It is no consolation but at least you brother has found his peace.

Hugs,

Little Jen X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Nin

I am so sorry to hear the news and what a journey.  Your posts have always been full of joy and energy and being there every step of the way for Gordy.  Your poem was beautiful and heart felt....I had tears down my cheeks in the office so will take more time to really take it in later....you are a shining star.

Big hugs to you and your family at this tough time and I really hope it won't be too long until you can really smile and laugh at all the lovely memories you will have of Gordy and happy times you had together xxxxx

• Nin I am so very sorry your love for Gordy has always shone through your blogs and posts.my thoughts are with you and all the family sending warm hugs to you all Cruton xxxxxx
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Nin,

I am so sorry to hear that Gordy has left you.

You were so close and as cruton says we were all aware of that lovely bond between you.

Sending you love and big hugs,

Odin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Nin,

I am so sorry that you have lost Gordy, may he rest in peace. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Love and hugs, Joycee xxx