Dear mikey pat + gloria and family

1 minute read time.

good evening mikey and all just a personal message for when the time goes slow and you have started to lose sight of where you are. I have been using this site since December 2011 and from that first evening mikey you was in the chat room with many others. We are all here to help others or at least offer some advice or understanding because cancer has touched all our lives. Sadly mikey for you and Gloria time is short and on behalf of everyone ( hope i am not talking out of turn) we offer you whatever you shall need. we are here to support you and your family. its nearly time to say goodbye to your beautiful wife and when you are alone and wondering at the unjustice done to you i would ask for you to read this.

FOOTPRINTS

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scene from his life, For each scene, He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: One belonging to him, and the other to the LORD. When the last scene of his life flashed before him, He looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints, He also noticed it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of his life. This really bothered him, and he questioned the LORD about it. "LORD you said once i agreed to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But i have noticed that during the troublesome times in my life, There is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when i needed you most you would leave me. The LORD replied, My precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, When you see only one set of footprints, it was then i carried you."

You may wonder the relivance of this prayer right now but when we are alone and frightend it is easy to lose belief that no one understands and no one else is sharing your burden. I just want you to know we are all here for you. You may feel alone but i promise we wont let you be alone xxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi mikey when life is tought and things are hard to bear just think of all the good times and look forward to the daffs u planted and each yr you will see them and remember your wife sending u a load of hugs to use as and when u need them and we all need a hug now and then

love lacey and a big hug for u all

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mikey,

Thinking of you and Gloria and family now and I second what Jan has said too.

Love, Rose x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Mikey, been thinking of you lots since I learned Mrs Mikey had turned for the worst xxx I admire your strength throughout your journey, and hope that you can find more strength with the help of us lot from mac in the future xxx Keep strong and take care :D

Claire

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Mikey

Thinking of you, gloria and your family.

Remember to look after yourself also, take all the love and hugs being sent to you as your deserve them all.

love xxxx Mandy xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey mikey your one of the first lovely friends i made on here, you and gloria are always in my thoughts, i know the pain your going through but just take comfort that your lovely wife will soon be in peace and will always be in your heart. come on mac anytime, dont be alone we always be here to listen, talk and give you all the hugs you deserve, your a great friend and a wonderful husband for gloria, you'v done amazing dont ever forget that. keep strong xxxxx