Ready for work or not ?

2 minute read time.

I really want to pour my heart out on this one as i have had an awful couple of days but at the same time i know that is not fair on anyone who wants to look at this i just feel i need to write it down as it might make more sense.

All i can say is that last night i feel like i had an emotional melt down and i am not really sure where it came from but i know one thing i never want to be like that again. My poor hubbie wasat  the receiving end of it and he had done nothing wrong. It has been a few months of worry and emotional turmoil and other stresses as well that have all added up to me feeling like i was the one trying to keep things in order when all i really wanted was for someone to take some of the responsibilty of everything else of my shoulders and look after me not me looking after everyone else emotionally and financially.

The one thing i have also realised is that i am possibly having side effects from coming of the tramadol, ive been on it since july and have been having cold sweats aching bones stomach ache and dizzy spells and maybe i should now add raging anger and yet it is so not like me, i scared myself last night and now cant sleep. Hubbie and i hardly ever argue as neither of us can bear the awkward silence after so god knows how we will feel in the morning.

So i am supposed to be going back to work today but now i ask myself am i really ready emotionally let alone physically, has last night shown me that i need to comfort myself for a little longer or am i putting of the inevitable. Company pay is coming to an end but i do have some holiday which i could take and give me a few weeks grace.

I am just so confused i know i cant just forget the last few months and still waiting on biopsy results but i am optomistic that they will be fine and that once my surgury heals i will be over the worst. Its just how do you know you are ready togo back to work last night showed me maybe not or do i just get on with it, im so tired its awfull how this disease effects you emotionally and in my case more so than phsycially my heart goeas out to those of you who have it so much worse than i do and also makes me feel so guilty about how i feel. I said to a friend on saturday i wish i could give myself a kick and get some enthusiasm and energy back into my life. Dont get me wrong its not all doom and gloom i do have good days and moments that i enjoy.

Well i have a couple of hours to make up my mind but i think i might call the gp and see if i can get some councilling and think about work another day, and yet then i feel guilty about letting my manager down at the last minute but then i dont want to go in all down, people will expect me to be my old happy funny scatty self..............

Oh well , time for a cup of tea and if you have read this i am sorry and yet thank you for taking the time, hopefully i will be back to normal soon xxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Annette, I'm so sorry you're feeling so low. I'm not surprised that a combination of several factors resulted in a meltdown, and I suspect it's happened to many people at some point. I know how distressing it is to 'lose it' with someone you love, when you aren't even really angry at them. If it were me, I'd take a few days leave before going back to work, just to get things back on an even keel, and get advice about the Tramadol.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love, Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Annette, you are sooooooo normal. My worst times were as I was coming to the end of my first lot of treatment, and because I had gone nearly a year before they managed to find out what was wrong, then the big op, and 6 months chemo, I just broke down and became quite hysterical (normally so able to cope with crises) and convinced that the diagnosis was wrong (it wasn't) and that the disease would come back (it did), but my GP was great and I have had low dose of anti-depressant to keep me on an even keel. I also saw a counsellor, arranged by my consultant, who was lovely and let me talk, but I found that I knew what I needed to do to get back on track...making small targets to take charge of my life again.

Make the most of good days, and don't beat yourself up when you have a bad day. Be kind to yourself and spoil yourself (and family). I wrote a blog about tantrums....I've thrown a few these past years. Make sure you get all the help you can from those at work and if they start taking advantage (Yes LM, I'm thinking about you) you have to learn to say NO very firmly.

Take care

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG XXXXXXXXXXXXXX