falling down

Less than one minute read time.

I was supposed to get my new obturator today but it wasnt made right so after an hour of trying i have to wait till next week!

I was feeling really good and quite positive and in my head had the idea of only radiotherapy at a local hospital, today i find i need chemo and rt and in London which means 4 hours in the car or a B&B.

I had a howling session in the car on the way home then decided i wasnt going to be a sad sack and was going to get on with the next two weeks until chemo starts.

I know most of you have been there or are doing it now but please let me know what to expect , Im feeling scared and need some encouragment and gentle knowledge of what to expect. I thought after my surgery i was being so brave but im not! How do you wonderful people shake off those bad moments nthat we all have?

jayne xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

you are all survivors!

i feel like i should be knocking heads together!! crying is good - it means you are facing up to the cancer and accepting you have it, acceptance is very improtant

the mere fact that you are all on here, talking about it and supporting each other speaks volumes about the kind of people you are. this is all about mind games, keeping positive and not giving up. you may not feel it right now but believe me you will survive this, you wouldn't be on here otherwise

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Derek I need someone like you shouting i n my ear everyday ...you have some truly wondrful ways of making us feel everything is going to be ok ...thats a gift .

God Bless

Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Jayne,

Yes, that's the way - don't allow that thing to squat inside you any longer! We have all been there and had the same emotions - from anger, fear and bucket loads of tears. Derek is quite right in all he writes about the mind games and keeping positive - you will survive and come out at the other end of the tunnel. He is a great encouragement to us all, heed his words. All the best and take care. Love Joycee xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jayne...I'm still feeling my way around the place and you've probably said in other threads, but...I was just wondering how you are coping with the effects of the chemo? If I'm not mistaken...I think I read that you and Jan are both starting RT next week?

Thanks for your friendship Jayne...stay positive!