Every Day A Mountain

• A good day indeed

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's not often that I feel compelled to write because of the beauty of the world, but yesterday was one of those days – one that stood out in two week's worth of days that have all stood out, which is praise indeed. Endless sunny days, beautiful blue skies and pinky-orange cotton wool sunsets setting over calm seas have become the norm. Bluebells have filled the woods and the tree's leaves have burst forth into…
  • Fund-raising event, Beer, Devon - 23/04/11

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just a quick blog to let you know about a fund-raising event that my auntie (not actually my mum's cousin, but my family tree is a little difficult for me to try and explain!) and my mother have organised this forthcoming weekend, on Easter Saturday the 23rd of April.
     It's a table-top sale and coffee morning being held at The Mariner's Hall, Beer, Devon, from 9.30am until 12.30pm. There will be lots to do…

• Five a day? Think seventeen!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A bit of an off-topic blog this one, but an interesting recent article in i, The Independent's 'mini' newspaper (which is incidentally very good), focused on how dieticians and health advisors can come to no clear conclusion about just how many portions of fruit and vegetables a day we should all be consuming. And indeed whether eating a diet consisting of a high amount of fruit and vegetables might even lower…

• When It Rains...(Interviews)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

For once a useful piece from our local paper syndicate (the Budleigh Salterton / Exmouth / Sidmouth / Axminster Herald) generating my climb of Mont Blanc this summer; I did get to 'edit' it first which is great as it prevents journalists from writing things that I have never said, or more importantly getting figures wrong.
    http://tinyurl.com/6co4gf3
    One recent journalist managed to get the percentages…
  • The Problem with Cancer…

FormerMember
    FormerMember

…is that it wants to get everywhere, into everything. Horrendous as it is that it takes away life, it seems to invade everything else too, to take away living itself: Every sense of my being and waking moment. A gnawing away of the soul, to leave a husk of what had once been. Living with cancer is like living a dream, a very bad one, 24 hours a day 7 days a week. No respite, no parole, no time off for good behaviour …