How do you cope with losing your mum.

Less than one minute read time.

My lovely mum died on the 31st January and I thought i was coping ok but the last week have been finding it really hard, how are you supposed to just carry on like normal when you feel you have lost a part of yourself. Also keep thinking about the last few weeks of her life and how awful it was to see my mum in such pain and also becoming increasingly confused.Am trying to remember all the good times and be grateful for the time we had but sometimes the grief just comes over you and sets you off. Also feel I can.t keep talking about it because everybody will just get fed up of it.Sorry know i'm waffling just wanted to see how other people cope.x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Bethan,

I still remember how I felt when I lost my mum - and it was 38 years ago, - I was 29 and expecting my second child, - but you know what Bethan talking about it on here will help you my love - there was no internet or anything when my mum died from breast cancer, - no-one to off load or just share the feeling of grief, - so I kept all the sadness inside, this is really the first time I have actually gone public on it - so in a way you have helped me, - but Bethan whatever you feel is OK, - let the tears flow, don't hold back on feeling sad, but I can assure you there will be a better time for you, - but your mother will always be in your thoughts, and yes thinking about the end of her life is so very normal, - it is such early days for you Bethan, time is a healer, - but time doesn't wipe away the memories, and now having suffered from cancer myself (MM) and my husband (prostate) I have revisited the time in my thoughts when my mother was ill and wished I could have done more for her.

Keep posting on here and share what you are feeling with others.

xxxLynn