Let's start at the very beginning, it's a very good place to start

1 minute read time.

I am Elly.  I went to bed on Wednesday October 31st and noticed as i turned over that my right breast was a bit sore, when i felt it i found a lump.  

'Hmm...is it a lump?...can't be...i'm only 31...i've got a baby now...can't be...it is you know...it's a lump...better not say anything to hubby yet, i'll see if it's still there in the morning.' 

Well the next day i checked, then i checked again at the night, then the next morning, and, it was still there.  Phoned the doctors straight away and got in to see my lovely GP.

'He's going to tell me he can't feel anything...i'm going to make a fool of myself over nothing...it's probably not even a lump...i'm such an idiot'

But he could feel it, and he found another, never been so scared to be right.  I have 2 lumps, 1 in the lower outer quadrant of the right breast (about 2cm) and one just behind the nipple (about 1/2cm).  Got my appointment through from the hospital and am being seen at 11am on Monday 12th.

I'm keeping this as a journal, if the best happens and i go for the test on Monday and the results are that it's not cancer then maybe one day someone in the future will read this blog and gain hope and strength that their results will be good too.  If the results are that it is cancer then maybe this blog will become my place of hope and strength, and, will be a record of my journey for my friends and family.

'

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My lovely daughter is called Ellie too (Eloise)

So much love and best wishes to you and prayers that this is just a little hiccup by nature.

We are still fighting cancer here with Ellies father. I just know he is gonna be okay.  Hold onto that faith whatever!!

Bev x