let me fight myelofibrosis

Less than one minute read time.
hi all my name is eileen i have myelofibrosis and have been told its terminal by the heamotologest and nothing can be done except blood transfusions and pain relief. i have just been reading part of this amazing site. i have actually found some other people that have this. i pray they will get in touch God willing. what has knocked me a bit is these people are getting chemo or other treatment to help them fight it. i am told they cant do anythingit will eventually turn into acute leukemia and they say chemo would only make me feel worse. please let me fight for my life i dont want to lye down and take it i want to be strong and fight . i admire you all so much your courage and laughter as well as tears all of you keep up the great work. beast wishes to you all. if i keep talking i know i will cry. can anyone help. eileen
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Esmerelda, I am in the same boat as you I have been diagnosed with MF, if you would liked to get in touch please do

• FormerMember
    FormerMember
    <p>Hi I am new to site, I live in Kent UK and have had excess platelets for 29 year and been on Hydroxycarbonide since then. It is now MF and I have been very depressed lately. I have also had breast cancer with right mastectomy. and skin damage and one skin cancer removed. I just want to say that just because you have been diagnosed don&#39;t give up.</p> <p>It may be donkeys years before anything happens.</p> <p>I have also COPD and arthritis and registered disabled. I am 78 years old.</p> <p>This is probably to help me writing this as well, and to help you understand its not over until the fat lady sings.</p>