Losing my Bobbie slowly and painfully

1 minute read time.

I have not been on here for so long, but need to write my thoughts down. I shall probably waffle on, my darling husband is so ill now and I am losing him.  Feel so bloody angry, helpless, sad it really seems to be sinking in now.  What will we do without him, cannot not imagine my life or my childrens lives without him.  Our son Charlie, such a fantastic runner, Bobbie was his coach, he is letting it all go cannot focus at all without his Dad at his side, he is 17 yrs and become Essex 200m champ with his Dads coaching and help.  Then there is Tommy loves his football wanted to follow his Dad into the same profession, footballer but  he did not play this season because he  says his Dad is not there on the sidelines to cheer him on. God I could ramble on about all the things he will not be there for with all our children, but the others are older and have had his support and they all now have their partners to help them along as well as me.  Would not wish this on anybody watching your loved one dying slowly in front of you.  The pancreatic cancer has returned, after all he went through, that long horrible op and he seemed to be on the way back up and fighting fit, but this dreaded disease has returned, he is on a syringe driver with so much painkillers pumping in each day, he is so confused and frightened, he is not the Bobbie I used to know, I feel like I am caring for a complete stranger at times. but I do my best and I shall help him through and through right til the bitter end. I cannot sleep day or night because I keep watching him to see if he is breathing,  Feel so lost if only I could swap places, he just does not deserve what he is going through, he has been such a kind, funny man everybody who met him loved him so much and he gave so much love back. Never was there a dull day with him around.  He is my soulmate and I am losing him..............

So sorry to go on , feeling so sorry for myself when there are so many of you out there going through the same things.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Duchess what a time for you all.  You have had some fabulous advice and support already.

Do you come from Essex or did your son just win a race there???

Would the boys not continue to honour their father.  He obviously put a lot of time, love & effort into their sporting training and has had a great deal of success.  Seems such a shame to let cancer not only rob people of their families but to stand in the way of dreams and aspirations of talented young people.

Perhaps the training would be a good distraction for them?

My boys used to compete at national/ commonwealth level in karate but stopped after my surgery to due treatment getting in the way.  They still train twice a week and I always go to watch (their Dad is the instructor) but I miss the travelling and excitement and social side of the competition circuit.

Love & strength to you all.

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Iam so sorry that there is nothing I can do or say that will ease the pain that Bobby You and the kids are going through. But Debs is right if the boys stop training. Dont let this Cancer stop the Boys from making their Dad proud of them.

If you want to talk to someone about anything thats troubling you. Stay on this site there will always be somebody here to try and help.

I know you have the Strength Loving and Caring to see you and your Family through these difficult times. It wont be easy. But we will all be here for you if you need to talk.

I send you and your Family my strength and Love

Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Duchess, I know exactly how you are feeling right now.  I lost my dad 10 days ago and it was absolute agony watching him slowly fade away.

I wish you loads of strength to get through this.

Love, Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I understand ow u r feeling - such a sad time and feeling so helpless - but the main thing u can do for Bobbie is just be there with him

Much love for the coming days - wishing u stength to cope - I am sure u will

Chris xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am so sorry you are going through this, my husband too is looking a shadow of his former self. we too have a 17yr old son who has a great relationship with his Dad. I dont know what else to say except my heart goes out to you.

Hugs

Clare x