Down day

1 minute read time.
Having a bad day today but feel guilty as I am not the one with cancer. My fiancé was diagnosed with cancer in July 2010 after a late referral. He had a lump on his foot that was found to be a Ewings sarcoma and secondary cancer in his lungs. It was devastating news. We had been engaged for 9 months. He is my whole life, we would have been getting married this year. In April next year we would have been together for 10 years. He is only 32. In November 2010 he had his big toe and part of his foot bone amputated in a successful operation. The battle is now to rid his lungs of the tumours. He has had many cycles of chemo and the last 2 have not worked. We were lucky enough to receive funding for a different type of chemo and will find out on the 17th if this has had a positive effect. Running out of energy and just feel like crying but doing my best to stay positive. I am very lucky to have lots of family, Friends and colleagues who are so supportive. At work a coffee morning was organised which was a good idea as macmillan offer support to so many and need the donations to continue. Really hoping to hear some good news soon.
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Dear Vikki, Molly and missy, Thank you for your messages. I definitely no longer fell alone. You are all lovely to reach out to me. Sorry my message is brief. I will try to log on again tomorrow. Missy thanks for your friendship offer, I have accepted and will be in touch soon. I hope you and your boyfriend are managing to hold things together. Jenny xxx